Aussie Loco's

trendyh

Im after some Australian Locos if they exist as i cant seem to find them on DLS and i think a couple do exist somewhere on net just dont know where.
+X Class Locomotive in Queensland rail/QRN Scheme
+G Class Loco in Queensland Rail/QRN scheme either old green scheme or new Yellow scheme.
+AN/EL Class in the CFCLA scheme,i believe someone did this scheme but cant find it on the DLS even though i believe from what i read awhile ago it was uploaded.
+2200 class in ARG livery.

If anyone has these could they either pm me or direct me in right place to download them.
Thanks.

Don't mean to hijack this thead, there are a couple of cars which looks like subway cars in TRS2006 by the name of QR SV/SVX which look very suitable for a metro line. But where are the locomotives? They seem to be missing a head unit because all the cars cannot be driven.

On another note, I can't get the Renfe Confederacion steam locomotive to work. The tender shows up fine, but the loco's missing. Both have been commited in CMP. Rumour has it that it's one of the finest steamers ever created. Can be found in screenshots forum.

The QR SV/SVX cars are not subway cars. They are the old passenger cars that QR (Queensland Rail) used back when passenger trains were "diesel-hauled". Basically, they were powered by a QR 1400, 1500, 1550 or 2100.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the G or X class locos in the QRN livery either. I know that I had seen the CFCLA liveried AN/EL loco, but I do not believe that it was uploaded to the DLS. It may have been a beta that "disappeared". As for the 2200, do you perhaps mean the new ARG DD class (which is a left-hand drive QR 2100)? If so, Colhad has reskinned a 2100, but I will be converting my 2100 into the actual DD class soon (™).

Chris

do you perhaps mean the new ARG DD class (which is a left-hand drive QR 2100)? If so, Colhad has reskinned a 2100, but I will be converting my 2100 into the actual DD class soon

The 22 class (if I'm right in thinking that this is the engine he means) were converted from NSWGR 422s and are now owned by ARG. There was a pic of one in the Aussie threads somertime ago - As far as I know it is not avaliable.:)

Can I just dump in some enginespecs and edit the config file a little, then link it to the cab of one of the Razorback train cabs or the CN RDC cab, and make it drivable?

Williamg is the name you were looking for regarding the AN/CFCLA versions of the EL, and yes they never got beyond the beta stage. there are a few out there not sure who may have it. Williamg no longer comes here and i am not sure if he can still be reached .

Cheers

Ghosty

Can I just dump in some enginespecs and edit the config file a little, then link it to the cab of one of the Razorback train cabs or the CN RDC cab, and make it drivable?

No, as these cars don't have attachment points for cabs. They are passenger carriages (albeit with windows setup for cabs, I believe the real ones were intended for 'MU' use, but this never eventuated). You can still stick an enginespec on it, and tweak the config file, so that it will run on it's own, but you still won't get a cab.
Zec

+X Class Locomotive in Queensland rail/QRN Scheme
+G Class Loco in Queensland Rail/QRN scheme either old green scheme or new Yellow scheme.
+AN/EL Class in the CFCLA scheme,i believe someone did this scheme but cant find it on the DLS even though i believe from what i read awhile ago it was uploaded.
+2200 class in ARG livery.

X class - There is an FA livery one around IIRC (Not sure if it was released :s ). This should be good for the moment, as a lot of QRN locos are still in modified FA schemes (Some even ran without QRN logos for a while IIRC).

G class - There is a FA one on the DLS (Might even be two??), again no QRN logos, but should be alright till a QRN one is released.

AN or EL in CFCLA - Not that I know of at the moment

2200 class - not even sure what they look like! lol.

Zec

No, as these cars don't have attachment points for cabs. They are passenger carriages (albeit with windows setup for cabs, I believe the real ones were intended for 'MU' use, but this never eventuated). You can still stick an enginespec on it, and tweak the config file, so that it will run on it's own, but you still won't get a cab.
Zec

This is possible in Gmax, i assume? I have a good mind to download the program and start to learn using it. :) And yes, I initially thought the ones with the windows were the driver units!

Don't mind me asking, what is an MU?

I think you would have to have the original gmax file to add the attachment points. But go ahead and start using gmax, it's great fun!
Mick Berg.

@Zec...Yes im sure your right about the X class i have seen one running around somewhere....

@trendyh. Why don't you try reskining the loco's???

This is possible in Gmax, i assume? I have a good mind to download the program and start to learn using it. :) And yes, I initially thought the ones with the windows were the driver units!

Don't mind me asking, what is an MU?

Yes, you need the original GMax files to add the attachment points. You could use the 'invisible' engine in front to have a 'cab' view as well though.

MU stands for Multiple Unit (EMU for electrics, DMU for diesels railcars, HMU for hybrids?, and when running multiple locos on a train, this can be known as MU running).

Zec

@Zec...Yes im sure your right about the X class i have seen one running around somewhere....

@trendyh. Why don't you try reskining the loco's???
I have plenty of photos of the X Class X53,54,EL CFCLA engines and few of the 2200 in ARG but im not familiar with reskining a loco as im not too experienced in that department.

Back