Asset in TRS19 surveyor just beeps when trying to move

Chris750

I have never had this problem with 12 or TANE, but now it is happening often. I just started laying roads on their own layer, ROADS, all other layers are locked except ROUTE. Put down the rough layout and went back to start moving them to position but all I get is BEEP every time I try to move them. I am still on the same layer, ROADS, but can't move the road. So I unlocked all the layers, still BEEP, so I went through each layer one by one, each time going back and trying to move the asset...BEEP. What have they done to surveyor, it seems very buggy now. :( Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, right now the only thing I can think of is to just kill the session and lose my work. :confused:

I cannot even get the properties window to pop up to try and figure out which layer it is on, even that just goes BEEP!!!!!!

I put this here because the surveyor thread seems to be all TANE.

****I fixed the stupid thing, I saved the route then started surveyor again and it is working, I can move the splines...geez****

Last edited:
Ok, well one thing I keep coming across which is very annoying is when trying to figure out which layer an asset is on. As an example, I was putting down track but accidentally put it on the ROAD layer, which is one of about 20 layers, when I later went back to work on the track in the TRACK layer of course I couldn't do anything with it because it was on the locked ROAD layer. So I used the ? to try and figure out which layer it is, something that you could do in TRS12 and TANE but all I get is a beep, the only way to determine (that I can figure out) what layer the asset is on is by unlocking all 20 layers and then clicking on it with ?, which it will then identify the errant layer.

So, am I doing something wrong or is this something that has changed since TANE?

Back