Article: Trainz iPad version 1.1 just released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested to know how the speed limits are even set. Is it the type of rail used? Can they be edited?
I know that the topography gradient can alter speeds, and I suspect the consist weight.
I know one thing, the AI drivers are better at staying on the rails than I am:'(.
Oh you just have to put the speed limit signs down :p. Rail category > signals and then you'll find them there :). I put the speed limit to 160 mph to make them go at 80 mph :p.

It doesn't seem to save it and continues to show no thumbnail. I've tried editing the route and also the session, doesn't work for me on any. I clicked the 'set thumbnail' and it came up in the box, but after saving and then exiting its no longer there :(.

Chris is correct that the route and session thumbnails are automatically created on the initial save (based on the current camera location). As people have mentioned it's also possible to alter the route thumbnail via the "Edit Route" dialog, which can be opened from the main menu. There is currently no way to edit the session thumbnail, so sessions created in the previous version may need to be recreated. To create a new session use "Create Session" from the Routes menu after selecting the old route.

I've also done some quick checks of the route thumbnail editing process, just to be sure, and everything is working on this end.

Terry Palmer
Programmer
N3V Games

Oh you just have to put the speed limit signs down :p. Rail category > signals and then you'll find them there :). I put the speed limit to 160 mph to make them go at 80 mph :p.

I haven't advanced to putting down signals yet, but will try it some day. Incidentally two routes authored by you called "test" have been uploaded successfully. I presume they are the same, but the one I downloaded, was ok, and it had a route thumbnail obviously made very early in the making. I was able to change the thumbnail so there is nothing wrong with the route that I could see. :wave: I notice the speed limit was 40 mph but I could not see any signals anywhere. Can I take it that that speed is just a default setting?

Yes, the Extra Content menu allows you to upload and download routes and sessions.

kind regards,

chris

Thanks i have it now. It wasn't there when I first installed 1.1 but after advice here I removed it and redownloaded it and installed it as new and then all the content was there. Many thanks

I haven't advanced to putting down signals yet, but will try it some day. Incidentally two routes authored by you called "test" have been uploaded successfully. I presume they are the same, but the one I downloaded, was ok, and it had a route thumbnail obviously made very early in the making. I was able to change the thumbnail so there is nothing wrong with the route that I could see. :wave: I notice the speed limit was 40 mph but I could not see any signals anywhere. Can I take it that that speed is just a default setting?
Yea that appears to be the default setting. As for the test routes, that was when downloading content wasn't working and I wanted to see if upload content worked :p! And yes the thumbnail worked, but then after that deleted and reinstalled the app, and it has not worked after that for some reasons :S. I'll try again to change the thumbnail, though.

Just created a new route and this time it did automatically create a thumbnail, but it still won't save it when I change it on an existing route - but does save the new thumbnail if I change it on this route I just made.

TGV wiring and pantographs

I'm inquiring for my twelve year old, is there a TGV type train with wireing and pantographs for the Ipad.

Thanks
Robert

Can somebody please tell me how long it typically takes to upload a route, and do the sessions have to be uploaded separately? If they get stored separately how do people know what belongs where?

Can somebody please tell me how long it typically takes to upload a route..

Uploading generally takes about a minute. It may take a further day or so for processing on the server before the route is available for download by other users.

..and do the sessions have to be uploaded separately?

Yes. We're working on improving the user experience here, to make this clear.

If they get stored separately how do people know what belongs where?

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. When you download a session, the required route is automatically downloaded.

kind regards,

chris

Uploading generally takes about a minute. It may take a further day or so for processing on the server before the route is available for download by other users.

Yes. We're working on improving the user experience here, to make this clear.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. When you download a session, the required route is automatically downloaded.

kind regards,

chris

So if one downloads a route do the sessions download belonging to the route, or do we have to hunt them down from the list?

I have been attempting to upload my masterpiece route for well over an hour and nothing is happening. It is only on one building tile, but has a lot of trees and buildings etc. Will that matter, or is the server just picking on me again?

So if one downloads a route do the sessions download belonging to the route, or do we have to hunt them down from the list?

If you download a route, you may choose to also download one or more sessions related to that route. If they exist. If you want to. Or you can just make your own, or use Quick Drive.

I have been attempting to upload my masterpiece route for well over an hour and nothing is happening.

What do you mean by "attempting to upload" and "nothing is happening"? Both are very broad statements. I'd need to know what you've tapped on, what's on the screen (screenshots are preferred) and what you're expecting to have happen. If you want to continue on this topic, please start a thread on the iPad forum rather than continuing to reply to the update announcement.

kind regards,

chris

Actually, that goes for everyone else as well. The replies on this post are getting way off-topic. Please take any general questions to the General Trainz forum, or any iPad questions to the Trainz iPad forum.

kind regards,

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back