Article: Trainz: A New Era Community Edition v1.2 is Now Available

Just a question about TANE. Will the final release include the CCP program? I have downloaded some content and TANE shows the content as having errors. In Trainz 12 I would be able to fix these errors through the CCP program.
Thanks, Deighton

Just a question about TANE. Will the final release include the CCP program? I have downloaded some content and TANE shows the content as having errors. In Trainz 12 I would be able to fix these errors through the CCP program.
Thanks, Deighton

You'd be lucky. N3V have stated that CCP will not be included in T:ANE and an alternative will hopefully be present in the future. In the meantime, you will have to use other methods.

Shane

You'd be lucky. N3V have stated that CCP will not be included in T:ANE and an alternative will hopefully be present in the future. In the meantime, you will have to use other methods.

Shane

What alternative methods can you recommend? Especially when it comes to issues such as Tags, Containers and Mesh problems!

Thanks, C

The closest alternative at this stage is PEV and andi06's Asset-X tool, available from andi06's site. As for mesh problems, that would depend on the nature of the issue, as some can only be fixed by the asset creator.

Shane

I try running T:ANE Build 74539 and it comes up with the error: Renderer initialization failed. What are the minimum system requirements for this program to work? My computer is a Toshiba 64 bit laptop running Windows 8.1 with 4GB ram; Intel graphics (1.64GB) and plenty of disk space...

I try running T:ANE Build 74539 and it comes up with the error: Renderer initialization failed. What are the minimum system requirements for this program to work? My computer is a Toshiba 64 bit laptop running Windows 8.1 with 4GB ram; Intel graphics (1.64GB) and plenty of disk space...

The minimum requirements are in the T:ANE Hardware Discussion thread in the Trainz A New Era + Kickstarter forum. By the sounds of it, your graphics card doesn't meet the DirectX requirement.

Shane

Problem installing TANE V1.2

That's strange - I've just had a look on my copy of the installer and there is an accept option available on both screens. I would suggest a re-download.

Shane
I had the same problem. Tried installing to drive D on my Windows 8.1 Alienware Laptop computer and process froze at the "Trainz: A New Era Licence Agreement etc" screen. Used the same download and installed on my desktop ok to drive C. If it is a Drive D problem would like this fixed as notebooks often have small SSD drives for drive C with supplementary larger magnetic drives such as Drive D. Prefer to have the install on the laptop as it use it to demo at u3a workshops. I previously install V1.1 on the same Laptop computer.

I had the same problem. Tried installing to drive D on my Windows 8.1 Alienware Laptop computer and process froze at the "Trainz: A New Era Licence Agreement etc" screen. Used the same download and installed on my desktop ok to drive C. If it is a Drive D problem would like this fixed as notebooks often have small SSD drives for drive C with supplementary larger magnetic drives such as Drive D. Prefer to have the install on the laptop as it use it to demo at u3a workshops. I previously install V1.1 on the same Laptop computer.

Welcome to the forums. I am aware of a shortcut that may help (I believe it's Alt + C, but I will need to check).

Shane

Tony and TANE Team,

Have just finished running both TS12 and TANE at the same time on same computer on separate screens both being 32 inch flat panel TVs using the HDMI ports.

In this side by side comparison there are some easily noticeable differences;

Firstly TS12 is much darker and when using a route made in TS12 it appears overly bright in chase mode but in cab mode it really shows the differences in the graphics where in TS12 any ground textures were seen as mixes of clumpy colour changes in TANE it is much more blended and realistic looking.

Secondly the rock and roll effect in TANE makes it much more like your riding a real train even in what is a good TS12 train it is completely taken to another level in TANE.

Thirdly the load on the CPU is perfectly spread over the cores where TS 12 being 32 bit only used one core and was clunky to say the least the 64 bit TANE runs almost seamlessly and even with both TS12 giving its best frame rate of 50 -60 FPS TANE was doing its thing with no problems.

So I am yet again a fan of the delay to get the product right just wished you all had admitted it way back when we all said you would need this extra time.

In closing worth the wait and giving all i considered you promised a few tweaks in retail release to be expected so not saying what was bad here as i will hold that for the retail release and see if these are fixed as may be minor known things or maybe comparability issues withh DLC stuff or speed trees who knows what i have used lol !

Cheers

Becky

Use IGetter for fast uninterupted downloads

Hi Tony, Over here in Australia I'm using the Dallas server and the fastest download with my Firewall switched off is 1.01Mb/Sec. I started at 10.00pm (Aussie EST) last night and three times it has stalled on me so I've had to resume and there is still only 48% completed. At this rate, it could be another 12 hours or more to complete the download. I know it's a big file but is there a faster server that this one? I have an unlimited internet connection so this is not a problem at my end.
Cheers, Roy3b3

Use iGetter. It is free and automatically resumes the connection.

I have downloaded the file 3 times from different servers and every time Winzip says it is an invalid archive. Would appreciate some help here please

I am using 64 bit. I have tried downloading the file twice from each server and have found that the full file does not come in. It finishes at between 2.2gb and 4.3gb every time and absolutely nothing else is running on my computer

After 11 attempts I finally managed to download the game file. Installed no problem. It took 6 attempts to download the update (or whatever they are) files because the game kept shutting down part way through the download. Try to run the game and not a chance. It shuts down before the tutorial can load.

C'mon guys this is ridiculous. I am running Win7 x64, Intel i5 processor and 8GB RAM. This should not be happening.

I would appreciate some advice please.

Back