Article: Setting expectations for the New Era for Trainz

so instead of simply stacking the downloads into a queue like TS12 did, it just abandons the download.
No idea why you are seeing this behaviour. Most people are seeing much better response from the DLS using TANe.

Regarding FCT status - it has no effect on the number of connections, only the speed and max daily limits (well, more accurately, there is no intention that this would change - if it is proven to be the case, it is a bug).

Have you installed Hotfix 1 Vern?
My GTX 560 goes from slide show to smooth at default settings (not that I expect to play at those settings as the article above indicates...)

I have the latest Steam update, if that is one and the same.

I for one will say TANE is performing MUCH BETTER than TS 12 ever did on my computer instead of being stuck with it only using one core of my 8 core CPU TANE is using all 8 CORES EVENLY!! Bliss since hotfix it is not having the minor hiccup freezes whhich it had pre hotfix and i have all sliders EXCEPT DRAW DISTANCE MAXED OUT.

does TANE require more to run it than TS12 it was always going to require more to deliver more that is the same in any program if you look at DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 or 3.11 and the games available then which were cutting edge for their time not the simple DOS games and tried to run them today on a modern machine they are so fast they are unplayable. Same with a word processor windows office etc today is a far cry in advance of what we started with in 1988 but it all cost CPU power and RAM power to run all these nice things.

Remember this is designed to not only run on present computers but FUTURE ones at the moment there has been a slow down in the massive improvements in CPU RAM and Storage of recent times this is because like all growth there needs to be a break through to make things work better. At this point in time the main bottle neck in a computer is the FSB (front side buss) which all data has to travel along to go anywhere and then allow for it to have to go along this buss 4 or 5 times as it goes from storage device to CPU to RAM to CPU to Graphics Card etc you see why it is the bottle neck. newer computers have been getting faster FSB speeds but it is the choke point still and will remain so till there is another way to transfer data internally more easily MAC users dont have this problem in the same way PC users do as that is one way MACs are built differently to PCs.

So finally if you are having problems with TANE remember some of us were cursing how TS12 was so slow on what was a machine that would play most games extra well, also remember N3v and Tony et al cant be held responsible for the short comings of the PC architecture we have to work with.

Finally remember only 2 or 3 yrs ago we went through a time in PC development that by the time most NEW parts were made available to the market place they were already obsolete because the NEXT better part was in final testing stages.

Enjoy the experiance and think of those that for what ever reason cant have a computer let alone one that will run even the old UTC versions.

Cheers

Becky

P.S. sometimes the grass is browner on the other side not greener!!

No idea why you are seeing this behaviour. Most people are seeing much better response from the DLS using TANe.

Regarding FCT status - it has no effect on the number of connections, only the speed and max daily limits (well, more accurately, there is no intention that this would change - if it is proven to be the case, it is a bug).

If it's a bug, it's very repeatable. Any download session downloads one file then aborts. This makes it impossible for those without a FCT to set up a large download list and let it run. Not a change we were warned about.

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid...44a87bf399ab1738!2139&authkey=ANYAVsuE8R8rlIc

Last edited:
Back