Are you a rail photographer??

9536865499_1101271835_h.jpg

9603715300_941c265d0a_h.jpg

Not really a photographer, but I thought I'd share this, as the same ex-Cotton Belt troll under the bridge (#9669) has been living in South San Francisco for at least one and a half years that I have noticed. The overpass above it, I have traveled back and forth on for about 12 years. Noticed this SSW on the hood, and thought, wow... it is still not painted over? Someone decided to do a little custom graffiti to it one day.

Last edited:
IMG_2506.JPG

There is really much American pictures here, that's fun, but here is a Swedish photo from Jämtland (south Norrland). The town is Brunflo.

IMG_2427.JPG

To Brunflo I've travelled by Inlandsbanan. I guess some of you have heard about that railroad..? :) (but this was earlier than the last picture, I travell many times to Jämtland)

IMG_1916.JPG

This is an TMZ, from Denmark in the Swedish "byhåla" Dannemora. There is an recently reopened Ore-mine there.

Thats all for tonight... :)

//Jocke from Sweden!

That's a pretty cool looking set up there Sam with the heavy duty flat car, Any idea what type it is exactly ?. Nice work on all the pic's too every one this is an interesting thread i visit often so thanks for sharing.
Cheers Mick.:)

That's a pretty cool looking set up there Sam with the heavy duty flat car, Any idea what type it is exactly ?. Nice work on all the pic's too every one this is an interesting thread i visit often so thanks for sharing.
Cheers Mick.:)
Mik, this may sound to easy, but according to the builders plans it is listed as a 16 axle depressed center flat car

Capacity 900,000 lbs.
Light Weight 472,800 lbs.
Load Limit
Number of axles (38" wheels) 16
Load Platform Length 44'
Car Length 153' 10"
Maximum Horizontal Load Shifting ability 20"
Maximum Vertical Load Shifting ability None

Further this car is assigned to GE Generator Corp for service bewteen Greenville,SC and Charleston, SC. Here in SC it is one well documented car.

Last edited:
Thanks Sam i have a fair bit of info on the heavy duty flats and have heard of the GE Corp one i think so i will check it out further mate thanks again for the info.
Cheers Mick.:wave:
P.S Found sum really good detail pic's of this monster Sam and a few trip pic's of it but no drawings for this particular car unfortunatly.

Last edited:
For some reason, I can only post one shot at a time while I am seeing others being able to post more than one shot at a time. What is wrong with that picture?

NS Train 64R (I think) Came through today with an ATSF Dash8 in the consist, forgive me for the bad photograph (and large image size), I didn't happen to notice the locomotive until it was right next to me.

Back