Are you a rail photographer??

To bad he derailed in NH and is still stuck up there haha

He is on the move westward toward New York. He left Westford, Ma at 10:30 pm EST tonight. I live in Westminster, Ma which is just a couple miles away from the Gardner yard and I am thinking of making a trip up to the Gardner yard in a few minutes to see if I can catch it once again.

Last edited:
Here are a few of my favorite shots from March 2013

3-1-13ShirleyandAyerMa10_zps6b1c124d.jpg

3-14-13AyerShirleyWestminsterandGardner7_zps8f7221b1.jpg

3-14-13AyerShirleyWestminsterandGardner15_zps23c6210b.jpg

3-27-13AyerShirleyandGardnerMa10_zpsea1ba76e.jpg

Norfolk Southern "Pennsylvania" Heritage Unit at Gardner, Ma on Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 6:30 in the evening as it waits for a new crew to take the train up to Bow, New Hampshire

4-9-13GardnerandFitchburg8_zps08dc150e.jpg

4-9-13GardnerandFitchburg9_zps487f8a19.jpg

4-9-13GardnerandFitchburg7_zpsfcb18057.jpg

Here are three more shots of the Norfolk Southern "Pennsylvania" heritage unit. The first 2 shots were taken at Westminster, Ma while the third shot was taken at Shirley, Ma On Wednesday, April 10th, 2013

4-10-13WestminsterandShirley1_zps65c2e97c.jpg

4-10-13WestminsterandShirley6_zpsbcfb7394.jpg

4-10-13WestminsterandShirley11_zps2ad24a86.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots eaglefan! Do you have more shots or info of that first full dome in the consist? It just so happens to be GN, so I need to know as much as possible about it, lol.

Great shots eaglefan! Do you have more shots or info of that first full dome in the consist? It just so happens to be GN, so I need to know as much as possible about it, lol.

Thanks. But I have no more pics or info about any of the passenger cars at all. However, You can go to google and search for nerail. When you get to the website. Go over to the New England part of the section and you will see many other pics of the passenger special. I post alot of pictures on that site as well. If youre interested in seeing my pics on that site. Just Go to the left side of the North America page and click on view by poster and then do a search for Randy Dyer and you will see my pics from New England and Southern California. However, My New England shots that I have posted so far on the site are only up to February 2013, But I am posting 2 shots a day on the site. What I normally post here are just some of my favorite shots of each month plus anything special related such as the heritage unit(s), special trips that I take, and passenger special(s). As of this moment, I have 582 shots in the North America. 151 of those shots are for New England only.

Last edited:
- Dynegy Midwest: Havana, Illinois

a97dxWy.jpg

- Illinois & Midland Powerton Yard: Powerton, Illinois

SlTrdoA.jpg

- Probably the best photo out of the trip in my opinion.

a8rP7PL.jpg

- BNSF SD70MAC 8851 "Dirty MAC"

2Amyt7v.jpg

- A pair of BNSF ES44DC's on the lead DPU's of a coal train.

ctqRcoQ.jpg

- Powerton Yard Gradient Shot

rdoAcKg.jpg

More to come tomorrow...

Guessing your austrlian?(Topic starter) That's fine.

Also, I love Trains, but so far, I'm not a rail photographer, maybe one day though.

NOTE:I'M BRITISH.

LNER A4 pacific 60009 Union of South Africa, sister to the world steam record holder Mallard, sits on the relief road at Dundee station en route for Aberdeen, whence she will pull the return leg of the the day's portion of the Great Britain VI railtour. She's suffering the indignity of travelling backwards behind a diesel so that she will be facing in the right direction for the trip back from Aberdeen, since there is neither a turntable nor a triangular junction there to turn her.​

Beautiful shot, she's just sat there simmering, if loco's could talk, she'd be saying "stick what you like behind, I'll show you some moves".

I'll save that pic to my collection, if you don't mind.

Here are my favorite shots from April of 2013 (These shots dont include the Pennsylvania heritage units or the Pan Am special as I already posted those shots)

Back