Are We Nerds?

Eh, there are LOTS of hobbies that get more ridicule than this EVER could!

Take Sasquatch hunting! Yes! I'm a "Bigfoot enthusiast!" Never seen one, but know enough about them and what other people have seen to make my decision. You know what? If people knew you liked trains, and you hunted for Sasquatch, which would you think they'd ridicule you about? :hehe:

I could go on for hours about Sasquatch... Not going to hijack the thread though, Haha.

Bottom line: No, we are not Nerds, we are not "Lifeless geeks"
as I've been called a few times, we simply love something! Any hoby or any activity could be made into "A boring and pointless thing."

Josh

Josh i have an imprint of a bigfoot , the only problem is it,s on my butt where a cop layed his foot to rest when i was a young boy for being cheeky,
hope you catch a bigfoot one day
steve

Josh i have an imprint of a bigfoot , the only problem is it,s on my butt where a cop layed his foot to rest when i was a young boy for being cheeky,
hope you catch a bigfoot one day
steve
:hehe: (clears throat) Uhh, sorry. But why did a cop do that???

am I a nerd? Erm... do I care?
I have a longterm girlfriend. I've had 'luck' with other women in the past.

I have a reasonably good social life.
I sit infront of computers all day every day. Does that mean I'm a nerd or should remain lonely? No. life is what you make it.

if you're not having luck with women then you're either looking in the wrong place or you're after women in a different league.

also. some are saying they aren't nerds but they're geek? erm... nerd = geek, geek = nerd. just like fries means chips and chips means crisps.

also. some are saying they aren't nerds but they're geek? erm... nerd = geek, geek = nerd. just like fries means chips and chips means crisps.

"Some" as in me I take it? A nerd is not the same as a geek. Similar but not the same.

Nerd generally refers to intelligent, single minded, obsessives with anti social hobbies and is seen as a derogatory term.

Geek tends to be a description for an enthusiast and can sometimes also mean a naked sportsman from ancient times who fought the likes of the Minotaur.

I digress. In current use, geek is almost a jokingly reverential term used to describe someone expert in subjects as diverse as sport, technology, trains, etc.

Definition:
Nerd is a term that refers to an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit. Nerds are generally considered to be awkward, shy and/or unattractive by most. Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others, or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people.
Geek has different meanings ranging from a computer expert or enthusiast to a performer and is a general expression of contempt for a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, especially one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.
:D

Definition:
Nerd is a term that refers to an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit. Nerds are generally considered to be awkward, shy and/or unattractive by most. Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others, or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people.
Geek has different meanings ranging from a computer expert or enthusiast to a performer and is a general expression of contempt for a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, especially one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.
:D

G'day,

Now I am realy confused, can't make up my mind wether I'm a nerd or a geek.:hehe:
Apart from "individual"and "non-conformist", is there a term that describes a combination of both?

Have a good one,
E.C.

Depending on your outlook, you're either a Neek or a Gerd... Ahem.

G'day,
personaly I treat everyone as an individual, unfortunately the great unwashed like to categorise and pigeonhole.

Have a good one,
E.C.

I'm come to have a debate with myself. Am I a nerd? Does anyone on here have a good interesting life and do very well with the ladies? Or do we all face the same rejection on a daily basis and when were sad we go back to one thing that we love...

Trainz.

Trainz will never look at us that we are "ugly" or "cute" but it will always be there.. expect if it breaks and it causes us to become mad. But in the end we will always be there when we are happy or sad... I wish I could do the same with women but that is just not the case...

Trainz will never judge us depending on what grade we get on a test... Trainz will never pretend to be sick just to not date you..

*A Sad Inn*

Dave

Dave I'm sorry that you feel that way.
I am a computer nerd and very proud of it, and will be having my 22nd anniversary on the 12th of this month to a wonderful woman.....

I'd rather it be a Nerd, Otaku, Geek whatever! One way or another, I really don't care what people think of me as long as I am enjoying my time with my obsession and my life as well with it.

-TK

Last edited:
Speaking of geeks/nerds lol;
Here's my desk at work.

Can anyone beat me?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The CRT give me a migrane everytime i look at it so that's why it's off.
I don't know how I used to sit and play games all day using a CRT when thesedays I look at and feel like my eyes are going to bleed lol

Definition:
intelligent but single-minded - I'm intelligent but not single minded

nonsocial hobby or pursuit - I like guns, girls, fast cars, planes and trains:hehe:

Nerds are generally considered to be awkward, shy and/or unattractive by most -
I'm not shy, and I don't think I'm unattractive at all. Apart from the zit on my nose:hehe:

Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others- I play rugby, tennis, a blue belt in karate, baseball, AFL football, cricket, volleyball, and lots of sports, but not soccer

or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people. - No, I hang out with all kinds of people

Speaking of geeks/nerds lol;
Here's my desk at work.

Can anyone beat me?

cx105lg.jpg

Kidding

Jamie

Last edited:
Am I a nerd, no. A nerd is usually regarded as someone extremely intelligent and that usually gets straight A's is school. Also, they dress out of the ordinary and are socially awkward.

The truth is that there is nothing wrong with that. I am not a nerd but I am a human being. As for school, I am usually average in everything except math which shows that I am not a nerd. I would much rather play Trainz than read about the square root of pi.

Being the lone Trainzer in your school/family/work/planet, can be a bother but it does make you unique.

A word of advice: Let compliments hit your soul and insults fly over your head.

It's cool guys, I decided Just to give up on women. After going 0/4 I've just decided it's gonna be better to focus on my routes and my game.. oh wells, some people are just born ugly and I am one of those people.. Ed is the lucky 1 :(

Back