Any way to add a fixed height adjustment to a spline mesh?

Piere

G'day All,

I'm trying to work out if there is a way to introduce a fixed, vertical offset to a spline somehow?

I'm updating an older road to remove the shadow that it casts so I've updated it to version 4.4 to enable the "does-cast-shadows" line.

In it's original version, it seemed to have a line which enabled a 0.4M height adjustment but that tag is not permitted in version 4.4 or higher, so now, where the old road was set to a fixed height on the route, my new version sits below the ground when I bulk-asset-replace it (it's a very large route, so relaying the road manually is not practical).

I'd like to be able to add the 0.4M adjustment back onto the spline. Is there a way to do this in v4.4?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Piere.

Can you do it by adding a position tag to the mesh-table?

Later edit: I tried it on a spline and it had no effect on spline height. I don't know of any other tag that can do the fixed height adjustment you want. So it seems that it must be done at the mesh creation level, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking into it anyway Dinorius_Redundicus

JAGG, The road is <kuid:59940:20854> RTS Road 3 09 by razvan100

Cheers,
Piere.

N3V made changes in how splines are handled. I can't recall when exactly this changed but the update in their code fixed the age-old problem of floating roads. The problem now is after applying all kinds of fixes ourselves to make our roads not look like slips of stiff paper bent over the ground, our fixes have now caused roads to bury themselves into the ground.

With this issue affecting some very large routes, I too went on the tag hunt to fix the issue globally, but unfortunately came up empty handed and now I've ended up zeroing the height on my roads manually. Since my current project has roads all over the place and the route is quite large, I work in sections. As I move along fixing and updating other things, I adjust the roads. The process may seem daunting, but it goes pretty quickly.

Now, nothing is perfect in our Trainz world. We find a solution for one thing, but that doesn't work on all things of the same kind. I've run into some roads that float above the ground worse than they did when I pinned them to the terrain and still end up being buried when tacked to the surface. After arguing with these mostly built-in roads from before TRS2004, I found alternatives and saved my sanity.

Back