Any suggestions appreciated...power supply needed

Railhead001

Update:

Time to lose the FX-6300 so I purchased a MSI Z170A Gaming MB, 16GB ram for the board and an I7 7700 4.2 processor. I already own a GTX-1060 6GB Gpu and really only have 1 hard drive and optical drive. My monitor is 32" and I just need to know what size power supply is required to run this without overkill. Also any brands that stand out since I am not familiar with upgrading the power supply.

Thanks for any tips.

RH001

a 650 watt supply should be more than ample. http://www.tomshardware.com/t/power-supplies/

I'm running a modular Corsair at the moment which seems sane, my system is a little older than yours so higher power demands but its a GTX 980 with the xeon equivalent of an i7 so much the same basically.In theory 500 watts should do but allowing a margin of error / expandability will push you towards 650 watts.

SSDs draw less than a hard drive, Trainz works everything harder and demands more power. I'd probably front end it with a Cyberpower 1350 UPS.

Cheerio John

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the calculators but as far as expandability...the only plans would be an SSD drive internal so nothing really more demanding......

One other thing to consider, so you get the best bang for your dollars, what is your spending budget limit?

Update:

Managed to contact tech support for my PC and find out what the power supply it uses is (500w) and confirmed it will do fine for my upgrade...down the road if I decide to add any additions I will be looking at the 650w as suggested.

Back