Any recommendations for 1890-1900s era US layouts or routes?

Ah, yes. I remember now. We did that on the DHR while we were building it. Used a gigantic stone water tower as a placeholder for items Dave Drake was creating for us, but hadn't made them yet. Looked strange in the middle of, say, a flower bed. Varicolored push pins work as well.

Thanks, Annie.

Bill

Annie, have yo got this one yet?

B-%26-O-York.jpg

It's on the DLS..

<kuid:58422:100116> York
<kuid:58422:100117> york bogey
<kuid:58422:100118> York Engine
<kuid:58422:100120> York Tender
<kuid:58422:100121> york tender bogey
<kuid:58422:100119> Yorkint

description "B&O York built in 1831 by Davis & Gartner. It was capable of 30 m.p.h. and cost $4,000.
It ran between Baltimore and Ellicott Mill on a one trip a day schedule and later a run of 40 miles to Parr Ridge.
A replica was made and is in the B&O Museum. "

It will need some TLC to make it run better.

(the loco in the back of the shot is German, Saxonia, also on the DLS with its coaches etc.)

Cheers,
Graham

Last edited:
Wow Graham that is one seriously early locomotive; - and no I hadn't seen that one before, but now that I have it will be joining the collection. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure I've got 'Saxonia' archived away somewhere though.

Timber Ridge is now working with no missing dependencies, but my modest spec CoolerMaster computer isn't happy about it. I think I'm going to have to transfer it over to my Xeon computer if I really want to do this incredible route justice.

QTka7ov.jpg

Wow Graham that is one seriously early locomotive; - and no I hadn't seen that one before, but now that I have it will be joining the collection. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure I've got 'Saxonia' archived away somewhere though.

Timber Ridge is now working with no missing dependencies, but my modest spec CoolerMaster computer isn't happy about it. I think I'm going to have to transfer it over to my Xeon computer if I really want to do this incredible route justice.

QTka7ov.jpg

A very Happy New Year to ma Lady KotangaGirl, nice looking Steam Engine and consist.......:p

Wishing you all the best in 2022.........Peace :wave:

All the best to you as well for the New Year Blue.

For the present time I've settled on 'Angels Branch Sierra RR' as being my US route of choice. I like to drive using the steam controls and doing that on the Angels Branch is a real test of skill. Doing it as well with a Baldwin with a fully enclosed cab instead of one of my mid 19th century British engines with just a weatherboard was really interesting as well. Ben Neal's ten wheeler might be an old model now, but it steams well and it talked to me via stack-chat all the way to Angels Camp so I knew exactly what the Baldwin was doing and what it needed from me.
My old No.10 from my TS2009 days is going to be replaced with a more or less correct Baldwin Prairie for the next run though. I just wanted to give it a try to see how it would go on the Angels Branch.

7hed1cG.jpg

DGYmVJV.jpg

Back