An apology from Narrowgauge

Thanks, everyone, for welcoming me back. For a long time, Trainz was an addiction, I didn't realise how much it had taken over my life. I thought I was past this 'mucking around with a computer', somewhere I have the original disk was released just before Christmas 1960 (I think). it says a lot for value of something released as a 'game' should last so long as a 'hobby'.

So far, I have no good news. I am unable to access my 'Trainz building computer? It won't boot. None of the suggestions I found will get me past the first log-on screen. It seems that my only way to get over this is to take the drive out and connect (install?) them as external drives on my main one. Will this work? Any suggestions? Can I modify the boot file? Sometimes I wish we were still back in the 'old' days when computers were not as complex

Alternatively, is there any way to boot from a floppy disk, will this bypass the blockage? Can I replace the current boot file? Can I get the logon data this way?

Cheers!

Peter.

Peter, I assume you forgot about this post you made about the password problem? https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?169852-Computer-logon-recovery-password
I did reply with a possible solution.

Back