Amtrak Phase III Equipment

Jacobchgo19

Whos that guy?
Does anyone here know of any more Amtrak Phase III equipment?
I know about this stuff:
F40PH Phase Three- Jointed Rail
Amtrak Superliners- Amtrak Trainz Group..
I was looking for stuff along this line- (because after a few hours of research through my Grandpas pictures, and the internet i know this all exists)
Amtrak Viewliners in P3
Amtrak Budd Diners in P3,
Amtrak Baggage Cars in P3,

Buddy, just do some research ok? Some stuff is hard to find but we can't just go give parts of our collection away; it violates the EULA. A lot is available for download elsewhere than the DLS. Just put a little time into it and you'll be happy with the results.

Sometimes you have to do your own reskinning as well. I had to when I first came here and I've become real good at it. It's a good skill to learn and you can make a lot of stuff without asking for it.

Buddy, just do some research ok? Some stuff is hard to find but we can't just go give parts of our collection away; it violates the EULA. A lot is available for download elsewhere than the DLS. Just put a little time into it and you'll be happy with the results.

Sometimes you have to do your own re-skinning as well. I had to when I first came here and I've become real good at it. It's a good skill to learn and you can make a lot of stuff without asking for it.
Mr Prre6 ,I do understand that.. I've re-skinned massive parts of my fictional fleets,I was just curious as to if anyone knew where other stuff was, I've found everything i can find for Trainz on the sites that i know of

I think there were some on the DLS...

EDIT: Search "Amtrak Amfleet II" on the DLS or in CMP, there by magicland.
I stay away from Magicland Stuff, its a bunch of crap.. In Trains 12 its impossible to work with because you have to spend FOREVER fixing it. I go with PerRock's and the other stuff at Amtrak Trainz Group..

I'm not setting the attitude here for the fact that I'm a gimme pig-- Because im not, I was inquiring where stuff is,if there was anything i did not know about and upon not finding anything I cracked out my comfortable mouse, (The top is padded with fur) and began re-skinning into Phase III. I think i have to go back and re-skin a bunch of Vulcan's sleepers to get the 1970's-80's Amtrak look i desire.. But thanks for the recommendations- Will a mod please close this thread? I'm afraid it might start a damn flame war again.. Like the last thread about a year and a half years ago that i started- Got me banned.

Calling someone's content crap is the best way to get you banned or in a flame war. I was going to help but seeing your disrespect towards magicland. Bye!

Mr Prre6 ,I do understand that.. I've re-skinned massive parts of my fictional fleets,I was just curious as to if anyone knew where other stuff was, I've found everything i can find for Trainz on the sites that i know of... ...I'm not setting the attitude here for the fact that I'm a gimme pig-- Because im not...

No need for the Mr. Just call me Fred, and with all the newbie posts I couldn't tell. I apologize for the assumption.

I stay away from Magicland Stuff, its a bunch of crap.. In Trains 12 its impossible to work with because you have to spend FOREVER fixing it. I go with PerRock's and the other stuff at Amtrak Trainz Group...

Never call Magic's stuff crap, or anyone's. There are people who have his permission to clean up and update his work (ongoing) so it'll be available in due time. Be respectful to the creator; it sure looks like you can make your own custom stock so be nice to those that do make.

I was inquiring where stuff is,if there was anything i did not know about and upon not finding anything I cracked out my comfortable mouse, (The top is padded with fur) and began re-skinning into Phase III. I think i have to go back and re-skin a bunch of Vulcan's sleepers to get the 1970's-80's Amtrak look i desire.. But thanks for the recommendations...

Well inquiring around here = gimmie pig apparently; it doesn't work. Again, custom Google searches usually do the trick, but knowing upper-end users around here helps a whole bunch.

Some of Magic's stuff has already been fixed and are up on the DLS now. it may be dated, but it's far from crap. Magic was an integral part of the Trainz community in earlier days, the community owes him a lot.

actually,amfleet IIs on DLS is a "freeware" (they have no detail or what-so-ever, no offfense, but it does lack in overall shape) while magicland made payware versions as well (with interior and bunch of features)
if you need Phase III equipments, I have Phase III amfleet cab cars and AEM-7ACs on my website

Last edited:
Just because something is old does not make it crap. I've had some pretty good results with Magicland's stuff. TS04 couldn't handle nearly as much as TS12 can (8 years is an insanely long period of time in computer terms), but all this stuff is is simply a texture wrapped around a shape. Details that get lost on a 512x512 skin look pretty good on a 1024x1024 (or 2048x2048!) skin!

There are a few choices in this world:

1) Ask nicely, and MAYBE somebody will make something for you. Then again, maybe they won't. I make stuff that is interesting to me and if something that somebody else wants is interesting to me, I might make it.

2) Learn to make it yourself. There are tools out there to make whatever you want. There are plenty of FREE things to use too. Before you call someone else's creations crap, give it a whirl and make your own. Somebody took a lot of time to learn the tools and spent a lot of time to create that "crap". I wanted certain pieces of content and decided that it wasn't going to make itself. I had to learn how to make it.

With that sort of attitude, all I can say is good luck with #1 or #2, or you'll have to contend with #3:

3) Deal with the fact that sometimes, you don't always get what you want.

There is nothing wrong with a critique of art, or even in this case, content creation. However, one has to use tact so feelings aren't hurt and the creator - the artist, the musician.

So having said this, cool it. Older content served and still serves its purpose well. As Scott says above, the older Trainz versions couldn't handle the high graphics that TS12 can today. Eight years is a long time in a computer's life.

John

Back