ALL Railroad Bridges Deleted!

boleyd

All of the RAILROAD bridges deleted on a route!

I have been in and out of the route all day - no issues.

Did a short database repair - no help.

I have been in and out of the route all day. Even ran it while I watched TV in another window. ALL OK. This has happend on other routes but only one or two bridges disappearing. Had this happen on single bridges on an older computer.

There is no magic cure, so I replaced all of the bridges manually. Maybe 1.5 hours.
No I'll effects. Ran basic route and back to normal.

I would run a DBR. Something like that doesn't occur regularly.

The only thing that may cause the bridges to disappear like that is putting them on the wrong layer, or editing the route in the session and not route editor.

Indeed. I don't remember what route it was now; I may have to go back and look, but I downloaded a route one time that lacked all bridges and trestles, and some of the siding tracks to industries. I was very confused, but I proceeded to put them in myself, only to discover after a lot of work that those things were there if I ran the session. It made no sense to me at the time why the author would do that, as it made creating my own sessions or doing a quick drive not worth considering.
EDIT: That was one of the old Arcade & Attica routes, I believe.

Last edited:
This is almost certainly a layer problem as JCitron suggested. Especially if the route in question is one you downloaded from the DLS, because then you don't know how the author used layers unless you poke around. And it is so easy to accidentally put tracks, objects, etc on a session layer when you didn't intend to do so (I know from personal experience).

Fortunately, it's easy to fix with a merge of the session layer into your main route layer.

The layer suggestion is valid. I have a strong dislike for that scheme. Too easy to get into trouble. More distinctive titling would help. The route is the elderly MSGSAPER Maine route. Bridges remain in-place as of today. Creating backups!

My two great wishes for Surveyor 1 is (was, no hope for it now) an obvious display of the layer in use and a type in box for rotation and position.

2.0 has type in, allegedly, but it feels like a accessibility issue to me and I refuse to pay extra for that.

Back