AI train stalling and a flashing yellow lock

Thai1On

Slave to my route
Hi everyone, I'm working on the L&A v2 and having a strange occurrence. As an AI train approaches a switch, I noticed that the yellow lock symbol is flashing and the AI train studders then comes to a stop and will not continue. As a test I ran the same path on the L&A TANE and no problems.

Dave

Hi everyone, I'm working on the L&A v2 and having a strange occurrence. As an AI train approaches a switch, I noticed that the yellow lock symbol is flashing and the AI train studders then comes to a stop and will not continue. As a test I ran the same path on the L&A TANE and no problems.

Dave

I've run into that too and that was caused by an AI driver miles away from the locked switch. Apparently, in this version, the AI can plot their routes a lot further out than in the previous versions. This has the disadvantage of locked switches causing other AI drivers to sit and stare at them and complain about waiting for the junction.

My work around is to stop the AI train that's waiting for the junction. This will sometimes unlock it and allow me to manually change the junction and proceed through. Once through the junction, I continue the schedule. Other times I've had to find the other AI driver that's locking the junction and stop that driver to allow the unlocked.

If worse comes to worse, I go into Surveyor via the UDS and change the junctions. This may mean unpausing the session briefly to allow me to switch the junctions because they can still be locked by the drivers. Once everything is fixed, I'll then go back into driver and continue.

I've never formally sent in a bug report because this is very hard to track down what the cause is, which means it'll never be fixed, and also is this bug a feature by design meant to be annoying as usual.

Thanks John, after pulling my hair out I finally found the culprit, a misplaced invisible lever far down the track.

Dave

Back