AI issue with BNSF Signal by hp_trainz (built in).

SAUBER_KH7

Bullet Stream Liner
[Solved] AI issue with BNSF Signal by hp_trainz (built in).

Hey guys, so I am running my large fictional route after finishing (to my satisfaction at least) the Northern sector of my line, heading South from the Northern most section. My route primarily uses the BNSF Signals by hp_trainz as I have the option to place one signal on the right, and another one on the left. This is useful on sections which converge from one track to two or vice versa. However, I have come across an issue I have not experienced before. Also to avoid confusion, I'm not placing two signals on the same track. But rather a right side signal on the right side of the track, and a left side signal on the left side of the track as shown in the screenshot below.

https://i.imgur.com/jL4z1qF.png

For more details, my Route is divided into 4 zones. The Northern zone, The Central Zone, The Southern zone and the Eastern Zone. The Central and Eastern zones are the parts of my route where I've spent the most effort adding details such as trees, buildings, roads and the like.

Now for the problem:

I've noticed that if I drive my train past the first signal past the Northern station, the second signal will flash yellow telling me the route is clear for two blocks. I'm left scratching my head as I did not notice this on the Eastern part of my route. No big deal if I'm driving the train, but the problem for me is that the AI is slowing down when it really does not need to. I feel they should only slow down on a solid yellow signal (1 block clear), not a blinking one (2 blocks clear). So my question is: Do I need to place the signals closer together, or is this a bug of some sort? I don't want to replace the plethora of of signals I have set up because of this silly mechanic. Also in case you need the KUID, it is as follows:

In case you need it, the KUID is as follows:

<kuid2:407646:1001:20>

Any help would be most appreciated.:D

Last edited:
The AI will slow down because it's yellow.

Flashing yellow means the next signal is a solid yellow to be followed by a red.

If you are getting this often then you need to check your junctions to ensure you don't have a reversed junction anywhere causing the signal to show yellow and red.

If your signals are spaced far apart, you should put some permissive signals in between. A permissive signal will have a crossbar under the signal head to assign a number and or name to the signal. For Trainz they don't mean anything other than a name on the signal.

If you need to change signals, you don't have to do that manually. Using the Bulk Replace tool, you can replace all of one kind of signal at one and do this repeatedly for all the signals you use on your route. I've done this numerous times as I've upgraded and modified my routes.

That's good to hear about the bulk replace! I have not seen this mechanic before in a Train Signal. Then again I don't know everything about signals. Not to mention the last major Trainz sim I played regularly before TRS19 was Trainz 12/TS12. I did buy T:ANE, but I only played it for a few short months due to the major black screen bug it had with AMD cards resulting in me returning to TS12. I'll experiment with other signals when I have time. I've always been a custom to I guess you would call "standard" signals where it's just Green - Yellow - Red as that's what I've always used in Trainz. I still have my copy of TS12 installed so I can take a look at what signal I used on my old route and if it's built in or on DLS, I can put that to use instead.

Thanks for the reply.:)

Last edited:
That's good to hear! I have not seen this mechanic before in a Train Signal as the last major Trainz sim I played regularly before TRS19 was Trainz 12/TS12. I did buy T:ANE, but I only played it for a few short months due to the major black screen bug it had with AMD cards. I'll experiment with other signals when I have time. I've always been a custom to I guess you would call "standard" signals where it's just Green - Yellow - Red as that's what I've always used in Trainz. I still have my copy of TS12 installed so I can take a look at what signal I used on my old route and if it's built in or on DLS put that to use instead.

Thanks for the reply.:)

If you are going to look at other signals, you may want to look at those by Jointed Rail. There are some built-in into TRS2019, but I believe there's a bunch more available on the DLS. The types that they use are as follows:

Type 04 = Absolute stop
Type 05 = Permissive
Type 06 = Diverging
Type 06d = Advance
Type 08 = Interlocking.

There are also dwarfs too in the 04, 05, and 06 varieties.

The built-in Sig_US are okay, but the type 04s are too short. The JR signals are better.

Some railroads use simple signaling such as the Japanese Railways. Their system appears to me to be a simple R-Y-G with nothing in between. This is also similar to transit signaling systems as well.

Wow the bulk replace worked like a charm! I thought it would lag while replacing the signals on my route. But nope, it did them all instantly which caught me by surprise. I decided to use the Safetran Clight Signal 04 and Safetran Clight Signal 04 (Left) by norfolksouthern37. I now have the simple R-Y-G signal I'm a custom to using.

https://i.imgur.com/r8H0GaI.png

Thanks again for suggesting the bulk replace tool.:D

Back