Additional Products list for freight cars won't load in surveyor PLEASE HELP!

seaboardgp38

North Carolina Railfan
Hi everyone! :wave: Man this has been going on for a little while but someone please help me! the products lists in freight cars won't load & it is getting so frustrating! :confused: I swear ever since ive installed some JR content on the game thats wat caused it but i deleted some of it & it still shows empty it was like a "sacrifice" in vain, i still have to delete some other cars but i fear it will b usless like before. what could be the problem & is this fixable please help i need it desperately! :confused::'(

Check if you've got any faulty commodities or ones with missing dependencies.

In addition to this, check if you have any commodities by Wearsprada or a commodity known as the Rusty Rebar asset.

Shane

Use the search box on the left-hand side - the drop-down box will give you several choices. (If there's no drop-down visible, click the + button)

Shane

yea ok i see it but it wont say "commodities" if i click "faulty dependencies" & it shows nothing but a bunch of assets that are faulty no commodities or dependencies...:confused:

To restrict it to commodities:

1.Select 'Faulty' in the dropdown list.
2.Click the + button.
3.Replace 'Name' with 'Category', then change the dropdown box that appears next to it to 'Commodity'.

Do the same with 'Missing Dependencies'.

To check for specific assets, clear the existing search and use the long box at the top of the search window.

Shane

Shane

uh ok thank you ill have to try that when i get home im in school rite now so ya know but yea ill try it i hope it works if not i'll let you know k thanks a lot i owe ya 1! :):p

Take a look in CMP; drop down the list in the LEFT box and find "catagory", then dropdown the list in the RIGHT box and find "Commodity". In the main screen to the left, find a product called "rusty rebar". I believe that was the product that was causing the problem and deleting it brought the product list back.

Last edited:
Take a look in CMP under 'commodities' and find a product called "rusty rebar". I believe that was the product that was causing the problem and deleting it brought the product list back.

You are very much correct with that. This one commodity will kill every other commodity that you have. Keep this mind, it will not show as faulty or having any errors.

I once had a commodity named "K-17 something" that caused the same issue, just like the hated "rusty rebar".
:)

yea found out sorry its late but still dont no wats wrong i DONT have any of that "rusty re-bar" thing nor that creater you mentioned so idk wat the problem is but im getting very frustrated to find that list empty!!!!!!!! >:O :confused::':)eek::n:

I have checked all commodities on the Download Station, and only rusty rebar, pit sand, and cement are affected (the latter two are by wearsprada)

If you are sure you haven't got any of these installed, then check for faulty assets and assets with missing dependencies.

Shane

well im going to be honest...almost EVERY SINGLE LITTLE ITEM i have is faulty. even with all that faulty content i was still able to access until late january early february i was downloading something on the content manager & the damn stupid computer shuts off the content i was installing was jointed rail content & then when i played trainz i saw that the list was empty which angered me & shocked me. Jointed rail content is faulty & full of errors i dont even know how to fix! & then the majority of content i own is faulty! even built in content & commodities like the "soya beans" are faulty as well!. i dont even know how to fix it or where to begin! :confused: :'(

That indicates a more serious issue. Can I get you to select all the faulty items, right-click the list, then use View Errors and Warnings.

This may take a while - wait for the Task Complete message to appear in the title bar.

Any remaining faulty assets will have genuine faults which will need to be either corrected or the problem asset(s) deleted.

Shane

OK this looks like a completely different problem than just faulty products, caused by the PC crashing.
First thing to do is not panic, second thing is to run an extended database repair and see if that sorts any of the problems out, that's Content Manager > File > Extended Database Repair and let it finish, it may take a very long time and appear to not be doing much, time taken depends on how much you have installed and the speed of your PC, it will probably produce a list of errors or warnings, again do not panic, the list is actually what has been repaired. When it's finished then check what if anything is still showing as faulty in Content manager, hopefully it will be considerably less and if you are not sure how to sort the remaining problems out, post back on here.

ok will do thanks guys i sure hope this works :confused:

"God I hope I get it, I hope I get it, How many people does he need how many?"

Back