accidentally deleted map

matura

Never satisfied builder
Good day. Today I did the cleaning in the Content Manager and I have committed the biggest mistake. I wanted to delete the mission. Unfortunately I accidently deleted the map.:(

Is there any chance to save the map or should I say goodbye to her? I worked on it more than a year and I do not want to accept the fact that all the work in the trash.:'(

Please help. It's a desperate situation.

Did you have a "Backup" copy or your "Local" file and other necessary files ?

Once you delete a main route (not a session), it is gone.

Not impossible that a utility like "Undelete" could recover it, but I am afraid it is more than likely dead.

Not backing up a 12 month project is lethal...

Andy :)

Did you have a "Backup" copy or your "Local" file and other necessary files ?

Once you delete a main route (not a session), it is gone.

I have a backup, but so old that it is useless.

I am going to think about whether it is worth even start the map again. Only screenshots of the maps on the computer remained.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Before it does a Data repair, go to the Trainz folder, --
Trainz2010/ user data/ backups.
You will find it in there. Make sure you back it up this time. ;)

Before it does a Data repair, go to the Trainz folder, --
Trainz2010/ user data/ backups.
You will find it in there. Make sure you back it up this time. ;)

I have a TS2009.

What is the Auran/TS2009/trash/ folder in the installation folder of the game?
Now I looked into it and I wonder what it is all about.

I have a TS2009.

What is the Auran/TS2009/trash/ folder in the installation folder of the game?
Now I looked into it and I wonder what it is all about.

Same in trainz 2009 as 2010 its in the folder its called 2010 still even though you have 2009 look in there and look in the trash folder

The trashly side of Beattie:hehe:

If Trainz has not run a Data Repair and cleaned out all deleted files it will still be there, you just have to look for it.
I no longer have 09 installed but it is pretty similar to 2010, so have a root around. ;)

I had this problem before. I was building the Metro North Railroad. The portion I built went from Grand Central- Yankee stadium. It looked so realistic with bits of the oak point yard in it too. After 6 months of building and editing, I lost it. I deleted it but about 2 weeks later, I searched something on the forums and found the easiest solution of retrieving a lost route. I had a backup copy though but that was just in it's very early stages and was pretty much vaporware so I started over. The next time you build a route, back it up to you Hard drive or external hard drive.

Back