A problem with HOG.

paul_oliver

Hey Everyone,

I got TRS06 about two months ago and although I enjoy it so far, I am interested in building some semi-prototypical routes using DEM. Now I've worked out how to get the DEM and TIGER info an make it into a TGA file, but now I have a problem with using HOG to convert the files into a gnd file. I followed the tutorials at http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wewai...z/homepage.htm, and when I click on the 'generate .gnd file' I get a message saying "Error: size doesn't match the size of elevation data image."

Now I managed to create a gnd file without any TIGER files, (I haven't tried to import the gnd file into TRS06 as I was doing it as a diagnostic), so I know it's to do with the TIGER file. I looked at the pixel size of the two bmp files and they are exactly the same size. I'm at a loss here. Can anyone help? I'm using Vista if that helps.

Cheers,

Paul

You say the bmp files are the same size, but are your tga files the same size, and are they uncompressed?

Also TIGER-related - in TRS06 where did you put the HOG texture files? You need to import and commit for 06 to show the textures, but I have a feeling you might need to create a 'dummy' Auran\TRS04\custom\ground folder and put the textures there also, since that is where HOG expects them to be....

Andy ;)

Back