A Pleasent Experience

boleyd

I just had a very nice experience. I ran my Maine Costal route for about 1 3/4 hours in TS2019. No glitches or stoppages. It did go thru several gyrations to get out of a complex area.

I never had this happen before. The same route is a constant set of adjustments and reruns in to22+. I was beginning to consider moving from Trainz to some other amusement. So, 2019 has given me new interest in the product.

The latest Beta for TRS22 and Plus has returned that same experience. I was able to run my complex Gloucester Terminal route for hours before I gave up rather than a few minutes in the current build.

Note: TS2019 is not as "hot" as 22. Risking a $1300 PC for new features is not worth it, since this is a TRAIN simulator. Next they will add AI and melt the customer's CPUs.

Running 20c less than 2022 during editing.

No doubt that 2022 can yield the same results. But at age 86 the instant recall of the many corrective actions and more entwined procedures ain't gonna happen. Visually I can't tell the difference from 22 to 19. Once the programmers stop fiddling, trs2022 may be ok. But for now it is a continuous Beta. Someday Tony will realize that adding new features bring new problems.

A "bad item" is the PBR is there. I will clean that away by replacing the PBR vegetation with pre-pbr stuff such as FFR06 grass. From a speeding cab or coach you can't tell the difference.

Back to a less stressful, but rewarding, experience.

Last edited:
Once the programmers stop fiddling, trs2022 may be ok. But for now it is a continuous Beta.
Yep totally agree. Has been in beta since day 1. Surveyor 2.0 and it's awful interface spring to mind.

Someday Tony will realize that adding new features bring new problems.
I doubt it.

Back to a less stressful, but rewarding, experience.
Yep, good for you. Wish I stuck with 19.

John

S20 has its potential but it still needs a lot of work and I mean A LOT of work.

The beta appears to run a lot cooler than the previous version. Maybe they fixed something, or I was lucky.

I agree if the stop fiddling around with things, we'll have a nice solid product.

Yes, I can only do this because a year or so ago I loaded the route into 2019 "just in case".
This is an older route before N3v strayed into graphics.

Back