6029 and 4001 at the 2024 Thirlmere Festival of Steam 18 May 2024 - 4K HDR

That's a nice find!

The Bayer-Peacock Mallet is gorgeous!

The blue and gold diesel looks like an Alco RS1 or RS2 and sounds like one.

Last edited:
6029 is an AD60 class Garratt actually (very few Mallet locomotives ever found their way to Australia, although a small one is in Western Australia undergoing restoration), although it's easy to make the mistake! But yes, she looks and sounds incredible.

You're right on the money with the 40 class being Alco-engined, because it is indeed an Alco! (Intersting is both locomotives symbolize the transition between steam and diesel, the last steam locomotive class and the first diesel class on the NSWGR).

Either way, that is a fantastic video! Thanks for sharing!

6029 is an AD60 class Garratt actually (very few Mallet locomotives ever found their way to Australia, although a small one is in Western Australia undergoing restoration), although it's easy to make the mistake! But yes, she looks and sounds incredible.

You're right on the money with the 40 class being Alco-engined, because it is indeed an Alco! (Intersting is both locomotives symbolize the transition between steam and diesel, the last steam locomotive class and the first diesel class on the NSWGR).

Either way, that is a fantastic video! Thanks for sharing!
Not coming from Australia, I didn't know that. Thank you for that info.

Alco locomotives are among my favorites and I was quite happy when I saw your class 40 burbling away.

Back