4-7-24 - New Payware Releases - BNSF SD9-3, UP SD40 1980's style, B40-8 ATSF including BNSF patch, CN ET44 Heritage Set 1

norfolksouthern37

what's a normal map?
ATSF B40-8
amm4425_65edd489c976f.png

amm4425_65edd48dd3aed.png

amm4425_65edd49566b84-1280x676.png

CN Heritage Set 1
NS_37_65d7e0af21604-1.png

BNSF SD9
amm4425_65dbce0424b68.png

UP SD40 1980s
therock_65ecda61f3c11.jpg

Missing this for the SD40
<kuid2:45324:90007:10>
Same. Also, error on the SD9-3. "VE186: Material 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-62|||kuid 845493 102066.tzarc|mesh_body/ditchlight**lightcone.m.onetex' is shared between multiple chunks in this asset but the material parameters conflict."

the Horn on the B40-8's both early and Late Models is a little Lack Luster sounds like a Steam Air Whistle instead of a RS3L Horn..... JR go back and Please Redo the Horns on them.....
I guess those countless hours I spent on everything else like weathering and condensing what could have been 10+ assets into 4 were worthless, sorry I didn't spend hours searching for a horn (the one thing that you can easily swap out) that I thought you specifically would like, back to the drawing board.

I guess those countless hours I spent on everything else like weathering and condensing what could have been 10+ assets into 4 were worthless, sorry I didn't spend hours searching for a horn (the one thing that you can easily swap out) that I thought you specifically would like, back to the drawing board.
did i say anything else about the locomotives Absolutely Not. just the horn sound needs work done to it...

did i say anything else about the locomotives Absolutely Not. just the horn sound needs work done to it...
Not to be rude but maybe you should just appreciate the fact that Audie took the time to make the locomotives instead of complaining about the horns.

when your a Sound Engineer for a living you can spot things most people can't and have a good ear to spot what a real horn should sound like.....

The problem is that it literally is a real horn sound so your comment makes very little sense. I won't say it doesn't have a certain quirk to it, but it is authentic.

If you dislike the horn, there are thousands to pick from that can easily be substituted.

when your a Sound Engineer for a living you can spot things most people can't and have a good ear to spot what a real horn should sound like.....
"real horn" the recording is from a real horn that actually makes no sense, and just because you are a sound engineer doesn't mean you know what a horn should sound like, you probably have never heard a real used worn and torn rs3l off an atsf unit it the first place.

"real horn" the recording is from a real horn that actually makes no sense, and just because you are a sound engineer doesn't mean you know what a horn should sound like, you probably have never heard a real used worn and torn rs3l off an atsf unit it the first place.
30 years in the Hobby of Railroading and Railfanning .... ATSF Passes Through My state Everyday on its way to Canada that is on Run Through Power...

Brother, I recorded the horn myself with professional field equipment, and have been audio engineering for multiple simulators for 20 years.

Those B40-8s are, quite possibly, the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Nice stuff as always guys! Looks like I am going on a shopping spree.

Matt

the Horn on the B40-8's both early and Late Models is a little Lack Luster sounds like a Steam Air Whistle instead of a RS3L Horn..... JR go back and Please Redo the Horns on them.....
It's great that you ignored all the other amazing parts of Audie's craftsmanship to go straight to criticizing something that you could have easily just changed yourself. I guess my poor and lackluster audio work on that horn warranted you flaming me in my DM's, huh? My apologies. Let me just walk myself to the gallows.

I find it astonishing that we are lucky enough to have fantastic creators like the Jointed Rail crew, RRmods crew and several other great groups that produce through many hours of hard work things for us to use in our hobby and what do you find in the first comments about a new release? complaints. It is little wonder that so many have left this hobby. If you have a constructive comment about something that a creator has made send them ONE private comment noting the issue and move on. There is absolutely no need to publicly call out a creator or group over something they have released to the community. If you don't like their horns sounds then by all means start releasing your own. I am sure we all would love to be able to marvel at the wonder that is your magnificent horn sound releases. I await your first release.....

Back