2010 upgrades

Hi Angelah! Great to see you! Hope all is well. Best bet from 44088 is to go to 49933, if you want to patch any further. I've been using 44088 for about two years now for my route-building installation and overall (knock on wood) it's worked quite well.

Had a bug on my PC, got shot of that but now 2010 won't patch at all! I tried removing and reinstalling and without doing anything (apart from letting the setup scan for whatever it scans for.... took forever) when I try to run the patch 41622 to 44088 I get this patch is not suitable for this version. Can't understand it. Any ideas anybody please?

Angela

A thought here. Is it actually patching the right folder (check the folder reference at the top of the patcher window)?

Shane

Get free Glary Utilities, free Malwarebytes, and use MS Security Essentials ... you can spend all day on there with just the free scanners / defraggers ... or get the payware version for $11.99 a year

Yes, it's (Program filex86) Auran/TS2010. That's where it installed to. I did get the option to install to the same folder as 2004 but there was a danger it would have overwritten it so I went for a separate folder.

searched

I even did a PC search to make sure it hadn't been put somewhere else but that's the only installation.

Annoyingly after the crash I lost all the downloading I had been doing for a week.

OK - might be worth trying the auto-patch if it's available. Click Options on the Launcher, then the Planet Auran tab, then click Patch Trainz if it's available. This should then be a case of following any instructions it gives you.

Shane

I think I tried that. Once it installed and I went to go into Content (a previous try) I got a menu saying there was a patch available and to click here... which I did but it hung for ages so I gave up. Could try again I suppose.

Angela

Okay, tried the auto patch. It started but after a long time got a message:- Failed to extract patch archive: Patching aborted.

Angela

I've had that error before as well. It's usually if your antivirus program interferes with the patch. See if your antivirus program has an ability to be temporarily turned off.

Shane

If possible, tell it to turn off until restart. That should keep it at bay for a bit, then you can tell it to reenable after the patch.

One question though. Has the location where your temporary files go changed? (if unsure, it probably hasn't)

Shane

Tried that, permanent turn off until I restart it, so AVG was dead. I got exactly the same message, Failed to extract patch archive: Patching aborted.

So it isn't AVG.

Angela

Try Booting the Computer in Safe Mode and patching it IN safe mode? That usually shuts net, Anti-virus, Firewalls, and most extraneous System programs down.

What're your computers 3 sizes? (CPU, RAM, and OS you already answered, Win7 IIRC?).

Falcus

Try Booting the Computer in Safe Mode and patching it IN safe mode? That usually shuts net, Anti-virus, Firewalls, and most extraneous System programs down.

What're your computers 3 sizes? (CPU, RAM, and OS you already answered, Win7 IIRC?).

Falcus

Non too good at these things but here goes:- Hard drive has free space 1.6 Tb, RAM 16 Gb, Speed 3.4GHz. Is that what you asked?

Angela

Hmmm, do you know if your CPU is Dual or Quad Core? (I highly doubt its single core with that much Ram and Win7). If you know how to check Device Manager it'll have a listing for every core (So 4 for a Quad, or 2 For Core Duo).

After that, to boot in safe mode you restart your computer like normal, but as soon as it powers down and powers back up hold down F12 (IIRC?) and it'll come up with a list of options you can use the arrow keys to select with. Select "Boot in Safe Mode" or something similar and that will boot the computer in safe mode. Try patching it like that. Regardless of outcome you'll have to reboot again normally to come back on here to tell us about what happens (Safe mode generally shuts off Net access amongst other things, but its one of the few guaranteed ways to make sure your computer is only running on bare bones minimums so nothing interferes with whatever it is you're doing).

After all of that, the only thing I can think of is one of your Patch Files is corrupted. IDK if you've tried re-downloading the Patches yet, but thats something to try.

Falcus

Back