2009 Route & WIP Download

Yep, build 38017. Nice and stable with reasonable frame rates and hardly any stuttering, totally unlike my experience with the Vista SP1 installation.

I'll take your advice and hold off any further patches for the time being.

I've had a quick look round and it's a really lovely route. :D I look forward to any updates.

I've had two derailments at Harrow & Wealdstone going westbound:(, maybe there's a bit of track not connected properly. I don't think I was going to fast.

cheers
stovepipe

oh that will be one of the AJS invisible stations. For the time being, just use the move track tool and reattach the track to the station. I'll connect it and update the files this evening. Nearing completion now, making a lot of progress due to my little spell of free time :)

Today, it's speed boards and signaling. The bend at the coal dumper at the power station will be adjusted too.

Nearly there.............

To save you time Ricky, no need to move all that content over to run the route, as this route only requires DLS content and a few sets from TC3. The TC3 items it requires are Mike10's buildings and splines, and Bloodnok's signals.

Current reports indicate the route runs fine with 2009+SP1, build 38017 (so install TS2009 and then just add the 15mb patch to take it to build 38017).

Those 3 railwaves KUIDs are for the Railwaves tilting cab voyager components, I plan to remove these before release so disregard them for now.

Thanks for the advice but I'm going to move all the items over anyway as I've now removed my XP system files and moved to Vista for the timed being. As for the railwaves items I have them so they are working for me (Nice added touch to it all too:D) The SP is installed and I have a build number of 38017 now and all is well so far. The rebuild is now into it's second hour (!), so I'm well on track (Excuse the pun :p) to 'play' this evening by about 8 (!). Thanks again Communist.

ricky25

Thanks for the comments, it motivates me to finish the route and release it. Otherwise I would just get to a point where it's good enough for me to use and then I'd just drive on it and never tie up the lose ends.

Expect the new files to be uploaded around 10pm tonight, I'll update the post so you know.

Top class

Fantastic route Communist. I've had a 'play' now (after 6 hours of rebuilding the database:eek:).

Just a few questions:

1. Are you intending to extend the route or add portals to the ends?
2. Any reason why the default Auran track is coming up at the south end of the route?
3. How on earth do you get the realistic gradients, I've tried and failed many times:p?
4. Names off the top of your head or are they personal favourites that you've used?

Thanks for taking the (painstaking) time to churn out such a gloroious route that will be enjoyed by many

ricky25

Last edited:
This is only 2 thirds of the route :). Another 100 base board section to be attached yet that's 80% complete. I've just concentrated on getting this part done so it was something to play with for any 2009 users who wanted a UK route to play with.

This week I will build a terminus at one of the ends of the route. Haven't decided which end yet, the 100 base board section contains a terminus already. So it will be terminated at each end by a large station. Most of the station names I have made up. Some are real life names, but they will be changed in the final version.

Going to add a dock for coal unloading and containers. You will notice the branch that leads off midway and behind the city, it will go to the dock.

I've tried to balance frame rate and detail. Obviously some sections are populated with trees, but I've held back with a lot of trees until Auran work out what is going on with their tree situation. Next update will be midweek.

Clag--Sparks-76.jpg

Clag--Sparks-77.jpg

Clag--Sparks-84.jpg

Clag--Sparks-89.jpg

Clag--Sparks-75.jpg

Great session there Communist. Just an after thought but could you not save the cdp as a cdp2 just so thet the 2006 user out there (including me ;)) don't get CMP opening rather than CM2 if you know what I mean.

ricky25

umm, Ricky, it's a .cdp, it always had been :D

Only TC3 saves items as .cdp2 as far as I have noticed.

Trainz always seems to have issues with what CM version is used when you double click or open when downloading. If your CM on 06 has decided it's the new boss around town, just bypass it by importing the route directly into CM2.0, by loading CM2.0 first, then using the Import content option, as shown below:

importoption.jpg

Downloading this route and I can't wait to railroad it! Thanks Communist! Wow thought I'd never hear myself say that. j/k

:p

I just thought it may be easier for others out there :cool::p.

I do it this way anyway. Excellent session though. Looking forward to the passenger session too :D.

ricky25

PS. I've also noticed that the cars on your roads drive on the right too!

Last edited:
There was no British regional setting in 09 when I started the route. This will be changed when merging the other section of map in. Remember it's a WIP :). I like feedback though, then we can nail all these things as a team. Anyone got any comments on the signaling so far?

Still not sure what you mean Ricky. the file is a .cdp file. That's how I've always distributed the route. If your 2006 is opening instead of your 09 when you double click the file that's not my fault, but instead I suppose it's Auran's :D

@bryinmich that's OK buddy, McCarthyism is alive and well in Trainz it would seem. You'll now be entered into their black book for using my route! :D

Not many problems with the signalling as such but in a few places where you've used 2-aspect signals, they do look a bit out of place. Also, will you be continuing the 3rd-rail track further along the line towards the Coal Drop end(??). (Maybe even continuing the OHLE to join the 3rd Rail at a changeover station??) I quite like the use of the SR Shunt signals too, they look a little better than the LMS ones I feel :D.

I'm loving the route so much (It's the one I 'play' the most at the moment :udrool:), it's fantastic that a UK route of this quality is being negotiated and not lacking in quality at all, rather like Eso/Gamerouche/Harcourt and many, many others creators' routes these days. It's just a shame that TS2009 is letting 'the side' down a little with it's continuing 'bug' problems.

We all look forward to the end product I'm sure and also we are all thanking you for letting up be a part of your 'testing' circle.

My £0.02p worth. Keep up the great work.

ricky25:cool:

Hello Communist
I am still missing this content:
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28229>
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28230>
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28231>
and this:
<kuid2:67906:24811:1> TASS Trigger Right
<kuid2:67906:24812:1> TASS Trigger Left
<kuid2:67906:24813:1> TASS Trigger Off

Excuse my bad English
Greetings from Austria

These items are from a railwaves payware pack which can be purchased from www.railwaves.com.

I'm afraid there is no alternative apart from removing the items from the map but you will find that removing these items,
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28229>
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28230>
Download Station: <kuid:67906:28231>
will leave a space in the track, on which plain track must be supplimented by you.

Hope this helps
ricky25

I thought if users did not have the items, it would not affect them.

I'll remove them in the next version. Scheduled for posting on Sunday evening GMT.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I still have problems with the Coalmine and the Coalloks Resskin the not works in TS2009 native Mod with the last Update Build 38349.

errorminexhyz.jpg

errorlokoycw6.jpg

:(
Thanks for your help
greetings from Austria

Hi Commuist,

The route looks great, but I can't get it to work! When I load it comes up with the well known 'Error - No Map Selected' screen. Can you help me get it to work?

Thanks
Robert

SP1 is required to get it to show in TRS. Do you have this installed? Have you got any missing dependencies? Post your jetlog.txt if you can and we should be able to help in some way.

ricky25

Back