2009 Route & WIP Download

Sorry to bug you again Leon.....:hehe:
BUT, I thought you created this in TS2009 originally to take advantage of the new 5m grid baseboards, does this not have an effect in running it on another version then, or, does TC3 have the same size grid baseboards also ???

Thankz. ex-railwayman.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't think he said that he was running the route in TC3. He said that he used content from TC3, which I presume was imported into TS2009. Given that "compatibility mode" was mentioned several times, I think it's safe to assume this is being built in in 2009.

Patrick

Like Patrick said, it was originally planned as a non-compatibility DLS content only 2009 route. Which has now changed to be a compatibility mode route using DLS and TC3 content :). As and when more native non-compatibility mode content is available I will switch it out using the asset replacement function and upload updates. It works fine in native mode but the foliage splines sometimes look unsightly.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't think he said that he was running the route in TC3. He said that he used content from TC3, which I presume was imported into TS2009. Given that "compatibility mode" was mentioned several times, I think it's safe to assume this is being built in in 2009.

Patrick

Yeah, I obviously mis-read it somewhere and got quite excited......:eek:
Not to worry, I'll have to just view the screenshots in the future then.....
Thanks for that Patrick.

@Commie, sorry to have got the wrong end of the stick, carry on Sir.....

Cheerz. ex.

Last edited:
Clag--Sparks-64.jpg

Clag--Sparks-67.jpg

Clag--Sparks-47.jpg

Clag--Sparks-53.jpg

Clag--Sparks-52.jpg

Clag--Sparks-44.jpg

Clag--Sparks-50.jpg

You have mail Commie

Fantastic screenies. :clap::clap::clap:
Is it close to completion and any idea when it will be released?
>>>>>.........runs away

ricky25

Thanks Ricky, you'll be happy to know I just updated the DL links on the first post in this thread. So you can have a play with it now in it's current form.

It requires 2009 and some content from TC3.

Missing one item for this lovely route,

Unknown Location: <kuid:137569:21017>

What is it, may I ask?

ricky25

It's an item that is required by another item. It's not required by the route, so not sure why 09 is asking for it. I don't actually have it either, so it will be removed, I will remove it in the update after next. V2 has been uploaded and the DL links on the first post updated.

This update has had most of the scenery filled in now, with only a few empty places. everything is textured, with only a few odd spots of baseboard textured to be found. Power station has been updated and the Coal mine at Wilston Spire. Wilston Spire quarry has also been updated.

Stations decorated and track and more signals added.

Next update will have a terminus added at one end and then after that it's ironing out time to get it ready for the DLS. Then I will finish off the seperate 100 baseboard section that will be added to the other end and feature another terminus.

Kind regards,

Commie

Last edited:
Feeling a bit of a plonker right now (may have been sleeping :sleep:) but it seems I'm missing some items from your session for this route.

The offending items are:

86406:100070
86406:100076
86406:100080
86406:100118

Is it safe to remove or are you intending to upload those items?
(Drooling over this lovely route:udrool:)
Thanks in advance
ricky25

Edit: Just loaded it in TRS2009 and it is missing the boards just like Vollage Branch3 did. Can you help please Commie?

Last edited:
Oh, I had left some reskinned wagons in a power station yard, I've removed them now.. Not sure I understand the problem you are having Ricky. Anyway I just updated a new version V3 file so try that. I just drive the route twice and all the boards were fine.

Did you update your 09 yet. I'm currently using 09+SP1. With no other patches added. so that means the 38017 Build. Not the latest version of 09.

The latest 09 builds are unstable and include more bugs, so I suggest not using them.

Hi Communist,

I'm hoping to recreate those lovely screenshots, but I am missing a few kuids:

Some trees by Jankvis:
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:6504>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9002>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9007>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9018>

and some Railwaves/snowsignal stuff:
Unknown Location: <kuid:67906:28229>
Unknown Location: <kuid:67906:28230>
Unknown Location: <kuid:67906:28231>

Maybe from the signals pack?

I have the Feb 1st update.

EDIT: I have run the route and session and there is a major problem - no ground textures are showing, just blue where they should be. I have no missing dependencies other than that listed above, and I am running in compatibility mode.

I don't have SP1 installed due to earlier problems with it. Can anyone who has downloaded the route confirm it works correctly in SP1?

Looking at the JetLog file, the 4th line says:

? 00000404 Warn 1:05.9 Trainz : Ground::Load> Unsupported file format (version 13) for file 'local hash-28/content rrxngob81294/mapfile.Gnd'

So is this an error in the TS2009 save routine, or an SP1 patch issue?

I'm gutted I can't run this route, it looks great. Any help much appreciated!

cheers
stovepipe

Last edited:
Some trees by Jankvis:
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:6504>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9002>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9007>
Unknown Location: <kuid:328583:9018>

I have packed the requested missing assets, but please note some of them where made for testing purpose and may not be uploaded to DLS. However, they will be available from mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?01wtw2wdlkn

Jan

Last edited:
I'm up and running now, having taken the plunge with SP1.

I had a very bad experience with SP1 with Vista, but it seems to run fine on my older XP SP3 machine (fingers crossed).

So, off for an explore!

cheers
stovepipe

Thanks for testing Stovepipe, at least that is solved now. I suggest sticking with Build 38017, is that the version you have gone to?

Weird error with SP

Hey there. I had a minor problem with installing SP1 to my XP+SP3 install (Exception Error!!), so I installed Vista Ultimate+SP1 (!) and the TRS SP installed first time (!) with no errors after a clean install of TRS. Now the long-term process of moving all my installed content (47.8GB!!) is in the process of being done. (All this to run a absolutely stunning route :D which is completely worth it).

Over-use of mop is next on the list after the install :udrool::udrool::udrool:!

I thought is was really strange to get this error so I thought it was worthy of note to everybody.

Looking forward to running this route very soon
ricky25

PS. Thanks for the assets Jankvis

To save you time Ricky, no need to move all that content over to run the route, as this route only requires DLS content and a few sets from TC3. The TC3 items it requires are Mike10's buildings and splines, and Bloodnok's signals.

Current reports indicate the route runs fine with 2009+SP1, build 38017 (so install TS2009 and then just add the 15mb patch to take it to build 38017).

Those 3 railwaves KUIDs are for the Railwaves tilting cab voyager components, I plan to remove these before release so disregard them for now.

Back