Very Interesting Newsletter

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Just want to point this out, I found today's newsletter very interesting. In a good way.

The two announcements that stuck out to me were Trainz 3 Lite and the British Model Railroad. I think that a free version of Trainz is a good idea for mobile, and I am very excited for the TMR pack coming out! I'm looking into buying the one on the store, and I am very happy to see more available!

That's all from me. Anything interesting this month that stuck out to you guys?

Just want to point this out, I found today's newsletter very interesting. In a good way.

The two announcements that stuck out to me were Trainz 3 Lite and the British Model Railroad. I think that a free version of Trainz is a good idea for mobile, and I am very excited for the TMR pack coming out! I'm looking into buying the one on the store, and I am very happy to see more available!

That's all from me. Anything interesting this month that stuck out to you guys?

I also was surprised by it, not only did they include a video of mine (thanks guys!), they teased two new versions of Trainz. Awesome news!

While I welcome a new TMR, that layout reminded me of Appen, of which the sessions STILL do not appear to work, as I posted recently on the Surveyors, Operators and Engineers forum and got no response. At least before, I could get part way through the sessions before they broke down, now (TRS19SP5 build 117009) I cannot even get a driver into the freight session to get started. I really wish they would make the existing payware work before they try to sell me new payware. And speaking of selling, I know they need an income stream, but I have not seen them put anything on sale in ages.

Not only that, does this new TMR incorporate some of the suggestions that have been made to improve the capability of Trainz model railway construction specifically and therefore become a bespoke offshoot from the main game? Otherwise it should be sold as a DLC to the main product (19 or 22). We all know how quickly the original TMR became orphaned and out of support.

I'm not sure how much the routes and building techniques have improved from TMR17 (which I am sad is gone, but at least its routes are still available - might pick 'em up soon with the PLL), I think the newsletter said that the new Model Railroad routes are just gonna be DLC (TRS22 exclusives? It did show the Class 11 and 153, so... maybe?). Says that they'll be rolled up in a bundle on the Store, so...

No idea. It is cool that more TMR routes are coming out - it's cool to see the original goal of Trainz is being fully realized... though I will say that using the TRS19-style lighting engine doesn't look the best, but I will take it being a WIP to heart. My opinion.

Last edited:
"I'm not sure how much the routes and building techniques have improved from TMR1 ... . " "... though I will say that using the TRS19-style lighting engine doesn't look the best ... ."

I did update to TRS19 standards the two layouts of mine that were included in the original TMR. I think they look considerably better in TRS19/22 than the originals did in TMR17.

Both layouts are available as DLC. The DLC is required for the updates. The updates are free from the Download Station, see here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Zyd-amp-Fulazturn-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

and here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...e-Shortz-amp-Kerl-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

I also responded to the N3V request for submissions for new layouts for TMR2. That was a long time ago, actually it seems like several decades ago. The response from N3V has been sporadic (I hesitate to use the word "woeful", even though that is the best descriptor; "abysmal" is also another term I could use).

This was (is?) one of my submissions:

Given the new information about TMR and DLC in the latest Newsletter, I'm tempted to take the layouts I submitted out of TMR and put them into the DLC stream.

Phil

Last edited:
Oh, well thank you for your information, Phil. On second thought, after looking a bit at the Innter Koltz model railroad I own (I think that’s its name?), I do have to agree with you on TRS19/22 model railroads.

If I ever get good at building routes, maybe I'll submit a model railroad. I have the Colorado Joint line Basemap, so why not?

Back