Can not get daily downloads

SuLLiVaN52

Hi all Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Safe NEW YEAR to you all.
It seems that I can not get my Daly DOWNLOADS from the Download station
I have had a look at all my settings and all is OK
I don't know what else what to do.
I am running Trainz 2022
Can someone please help
Thank You For Your Time
Chris Sullivan

As Phil points out above, there are no automatic daily downloads from the DLS.

What I do is create and save Content Manager filters that will tell me if:-
  • new updates to existing assets are available on the DLS - an "Updates Available" filter, and
  • an "Available for Download" from the DLS filter.
For details on creating and saving these filters see the Trainz Wiki Page at Create_an_"Updates_Available"_Filter and at Create_an_"Available_for_Download"_Filter.

I think you guys may be off track a little. I get downloads daily by sorting by upload date. @SuLLiVaN52, what errors are you getting when you try to download from the DLS?

I think you guys may be off track a little. I get downloads daily by sorting by upload date. @SuLLiVaN52, what errors are you getting when you try to download from the DLS?

Oh! I get what your saying.

Adding the 'Upload Date' column to the 'Name | Status | Asset ID | Installation Date' bar, is easy.
Just right click, then into the 'Add Column' menu and choose the 'Upload Date', filter to the Download Station and click on the 'Upload Date' twice to correctly sort the dates.

But, the DLS doesn't give you automatic downloads daily. That's the part where I'm confused at! ;)

Hi Guys and Gals so it looks like I may have confused everyone
I go into
CONTENT MANAGER and Change
INSTALLED to
DOWNLOAAD STATION
then I go over to Filter by pressing the arrow
and then I get
On Download Station TRUE
INSTILLED FAISE
OUT OF DATE FALSE
OBSOLATE FALSE
PAYWARE FALSE

Then I go over to the right to the + and press another line drops down that says CATEGORY I change that by pressing the little
Arrow and this changes it to
DATE INSTALLED
So it looks like this

Sun Dec 31, 2023

Then I just punch in the Day Number I want and that brings up the stuff that people put up on the DLS for the day so that I can down load if I want it
The last day I was able to get anything was the THU DEC 21, 2023
I hope this helps

There was stuff uploaded yesterday, the 30th and prior. Your best bet is to use the Upload date column and click that a few times to sort the most recent date to the top. I've tried various filters myself and found this to be by far the quickest and easiest way to get the results I wanted.

There are some automatic downloads when N3V has updated an asset.
SetAutomaticDownloads.png

Hi Guys and Gals so it looks like I may have confused everyone
I go into
CONTENT MANAGER and Change
INSTALLED to
DOWNLOAAD STATION
then I go over to Filter by pressing the arrow
and then I get
On Download Station TRUE
INSTILLED FAISE
OUT OF DATE FALSE
OBSOLATE FALSE
PAYWARE FALSE

Then I go over to the right to the + and press another line drops down that says CATEGORY I change that by pressing the little
Arrow and this changes it to
DATE INSTALLED
So it looks like this

Sun Dec 31, 2023

Then I just punch in the Day Number I want and that brings up the stuff that people put up on the DLS for the day so that I can down load if I want it
The last day I was able to get anything was the THU DEC 21, 2023
I hope this helps
Ah! I get what your saying now :) ;)

Where it states in the tabs field 'Name, Status, Asset ID and Installation Date".
Right click on either one of these tabs, then choose Insert Column then select Upload Date, click the 'Upload Date' tab a few times, until you see the latest uploads on the DLS listed below.

Back