Uploading 3rd party content

if the creator is deceased the route will go public domain so you can redistribute it if the copyright holder is dead it depends if he even went to the US (or whatever country he/she was in) copyright office to apply for a copyright
These are two common myths, and both are wrong.
Copyright rights do not extinguish on the death of the copyright holder. The rights pass to the estate. They are just as enforceable by the estate as if the original creator was alive.
Copyright rights do not usually have to be registered in order to be enforceable. The US, for instance, does not require registration. It's not even necessary to put a copyright notice in the work, although registration and a notice might assist in enforcing the owner's rights.
Please read the summary here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

if the creator is deceased the route will go public domain so you can redistribute it if the copyright holder is dead it depends if he even went to the US (or whatever country he/she was in) copyright office to apply for a copyright
I have no idear' of where you obtained this totally false information ... Or did you make this up yourself ?

I have modified routes in the past and shared it with my trainz friends. Put me to the jail pls.
What routes did you use? If they were mine, I will take legal action.

"if the creator is deceased the route will go public domain so you can redistribute it if the copyright holder is dead it depends if he even went to the US (or whatever country he/she was in) copyright office to apply for a copyright"

It will not go public. If the author is dead, or does not want it to be redistributed, or does not respond, as said above, YOU CANNOT EDIT OR MODIFY THE ROUTE AND REDISTRIBUTE IT! Now, can we leave it at that? This forum thread is very unnecessary. A pm to a moderator would have straightened it out. Let us just move on with our Trainz lives.

... I think i have a very questioning personality. Its in my DNA if you know what i mean :eek:
as they say there are no stupid questions, just some stupid answers.
... I also think you will find that i have attempted to create my own content- i can only get so far, before another problem crops up. There is help if asked (as you have proved, again, thankyou) but it does wear on ones patience with things such as blender- It isnt a case of being lazy i was just trying a different angle, if you get my meaning.
ah, creating content. Now that is an activity that can test the patience of a saint. But the reward of seeing your creation in Trainz makes it all worthwhile. Best advice, don't bite off more than you can chew. Make small simple objects. Once you've mastered the basic techniques you can try more complected things.
I have contacted Chrisracer (the guy who created CSX Saginaw Subdivision) by private message and am now waiting for a response. I hope this is the right thing to do.
All you can do is wait. No answer also means no.

Oh, and welcome to Trainz

as they say there are no stupid questions, just some stupid answers. Not true. There are stupid questions. There also people who are given answers and choose to talk back and give attitude. Which is exactly this situation. We all need to stop commenting on this thread. As said above. So stop commenting, please!

"if the creator is deceased the route will go public domain so you can redistribute it if the copyright holder is dead it depends if he even went to the US (or whatever country he/she was in) copyright office to apply for a copyright"

It will not go public. If the author is dead, or does not want it to be redistributed, or does not respond, as said above, YOU CANNOT EDIT OR MODIFY THE ROUTE AND REDISTRIBUTE IT! Now, can we leave it at that? This forum thread is very unnecessary. A pm to a moderator would have straightened it out. Let us just move on with our Trainz lives.

To back up the above....................

How long does copyright last?This will depend on the work and nationality, but typically the work will be protected for either, 70 years from the death of the author, or if published 70 years from the date of first publication.

.......... the reference for the above quote is https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/questions (the horses mouth, you could say).

Back