Content Manager marking DLS assets as 3rd party

RichardBosnak

Creating European Routes
Now, this issue has been plaguing the DLS for at least 10 months now. Why has this not been adressed yet, despite the many reports and problems this has been causing.

I am not talking about assets on DLS requiring some 3rd party assets. I am talking about the fact that half of the stuff I download from DLS gets installed as 3rd party for whatever unknown reason. It´s no longer funny. This has been destroying many of my and other people routes for ages. I even submitted a video evidence of this several months ago, absolutely nothing has been done about the issue. More and more assets download in this corrupted state that makes them be marked as "3rd party" in content manager.

No database rebuilding helps, nor re-installing the game. We tried that already.

Why does this matter? Because some people here actually enjoy multiplayer. Even more so now as it has been fixed with the introduction of TRS19 SP2 and MPS. Now guess what is ompletely inaccesible and unable to work because of this problem? You guessed it, multiplayer routes and sessions. Every single route I have from DLS which has a multiplayer session has at least 3 assets marked as "3rd party", even though they all have been installed from DLS. This is ridiculous.
Because of this, the game throws an error when starting or joining multiplayer and makes you unable to join.

It´s been 10 months minimum now, why was this never adressed? Why was this never fixed?

If you are a content creator and you noticed your asset on the DLS is marked as "3rd party" when downloaded, update your asset to be build 3.7 or higher and use the "obsolete table" to create brand new kuid for your asset and obsolete the broken one.

As for N3V, I doubt so many people and creators will read this that the issue will resolve itself. Fix this somehow already!!! I am not in the mood to keep fixing my routes over and over like an idiot just because the DLS suddenly decided that these assets will not work anymore. I know I am not the only one out there with this issue.

Yes the assets are on the DLS, but downloading them results in them being marked as "3rd party", deleting them and then wanting to download them results in them being "unknown".
No, "they have been removed from DLS" is not a valid answer because it happened to my route which is still on the DLS now.
Even the Content Repair Group confirmed this issue.

I have 13 assets marked as "Third Party" out of 530794 installed. All were originally downloaded from the DLS. None of them are my assets.

From discussions in another thread of these forums I believe that 8 of those 13 ("Protrack NSWGR ..." by ElStoko) are currently being repaired by the CRG.

I can confirm one case of an asset that I had downloaded and installed from the DLS having its status changed from "Installed from DLS" to "Third Party" after it had been removed from the DLS due to a copyright violation.

PS: The "Third Party" issue goes back several years - the case above of the asset removed for copyright violations was about December 2017.

Last edited:
Back