Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

True.......and after all this time this, I wonder what's preventing NV3 from at least acknowledging this problem and maybe say something like " we're aware of it ". That would be the right thing to do.
I submitted a bug report on 21st December 2023 and received a human generated (non-automated) response.

They are aware of it and the N3V IT Dept has been informed. Since then there has been some progress, usually 2 steps forward followed by 2 backwards, so it is being worked on but clearly the problem is much more complex than we may think. Perhaps a totally new gallery system is required, not unlike the changes recently seen to these forums.

My opinions.

I submitted a bug report on 21st December 2023 and received a human generated (non-automated) response.

They are aware of it and the N3V IT Dept has been informed. Since then there has been some progress, usually 2 steps forward followed by 2 backwards, so it is being worked on but clearly the problem is much more complex than we may think. Perhaps a totally new gallery system is required, not unlike the changes recently seen to these forums.

My opinions.
I like how this issue has been addressed by sweeping it under the carpet by moving this thread to the screenshots section where it gets pulled out of the spot light. " Hey...that outta fix him for complaining ! " Good thing the moderator is earning his keep. Anyway, I appreciate your response.
1. I'm glad you submitted a bug report back in December of last year, and although your bug report had to do with the gallery, this is a different issue.
2. You got an A.I. response back to your bug report, but no one else here has been told what's going on by NV3 in their forum. How difficult would it be for someone from the company just to make a quick post saying " we're aware of it "........I wouldn't expect them to go overboard and post" we're working on it. ".

My sarcasm isn't directed to you at all, Payware, just want to be clear on that and I thank you for taking the time to respond. The more complicated this whole Trainz outfit gets in recent years, the worse their customer service is. That's not a winning combination.

Something does not add up for me.
I like how this issue has been addressed by sweeping it under the carpet by moving this thread to the screenshots section where it gets pulled out of the spot light.
Say what? I just checked at the top of this page, and it reports that this thread is in Mainline - Trainz Discussion / General Trainz.
You got an A.I. response back to your bug report,
and received a human generated (non-automated) response.
How is it that you characterize "a human generated response" as "an A.I. generated response"? Have we even read the same message?
The more complicated this whole Trainz outfit gets in recent years, the worse their customer service is. That's not a winning combination.
I totally agree that that is indeed not a winning combination.

2. You got an A.I. response back to your bug report
I got the "auto generated" acknowledgement of my report, as per usual, then a day or two later, I received a response typed by a human (i.e. "Homo technosapiens" :D) stating that the issue had been confirmed and that it had been passed onto the "Web/IT Co-ordinator" (or a description to that effect). As I am currently several 100kms away from my normal email computer which has all my communications with N3V archived, I will be unable to report on the exact date/time and wording until I return.

Hi
login to Trainz Portal webpage and goto Galley page and upload..
it does not work
just signed go to gallery page
tried to upload screenshot [Failed ]
regards
herlev

login to Trainz Portal webpage and goto Galley page and upload..
it does not work
just signed go to gallery page
tried to upload screenshot [Failed ]
regards
herlev
Just to try from the Gallery ...
I uploaded this 8 minutes ago and it has been published for 2 minutes.

post.png

Presumably tied up with the DLS problem most of us are having at present.
I didn't know there was a problem with the DLS too. I haven't downloaded anything in recent months. Are you able to download content using the Manage Content tab on the splash screen ? ( or whatever its called)

Update: Just tried it again and getting the same " failed upload due to unknown internal " something or other. I will only upload an update once a day unless something changes.

I just keep trying again and I keep getting the same "failed to upload due to unknown internal/error". I haven't got a hope... (quietly sobs)

Back