UMR locally modified asset error problem.

Ben1337

Trainz operator
I installed trainz 12 a few days ago, updated all of the content, then and patched to SP1 hot fix 3, noted on the announcements page, It took 16 hours before I could be ready to try MP.

Once I got trainz 12 running, I tried the UMR Multiplayer session, and it said that I had locally modified content, but trainz couldn't revert the content back.

So I went into CMP, I found the locally modified content and reverted them back to the original.

I tried MP again, and it continued to detect that there was locally modified content, but it couldn't revert the content back to the original state.

Since there was no locally modified content existing according to the database, I did an extended database repair.

It picked up 2800 errors... ALL of which could only be held responsible to the various content/patching process.

So I let the database do its thing and finish.

I then tried MP. still couldn't play because of locally modified dependencies.

I reverted the newly detected dependencies which were modified. (I didn't modify the content, trainz did, I swear.)

So now that I could guarantee that there were no locally modified content.

But it kept on saying the same thing.

And now a completely different problem came up. And that's similar to this problem http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...e-listings&highlight=multiplayer+trainz+query

There are no addons installed.

I have a feeling that trainz is a clumsy program and nothing else if it detects that there are locally modified content when there actually aren't according to its own database that I had to fix after the update, which presented 2800 messages after that process and still continues to malfunction, then something has got to be wrong, also taking into account that the update took 16 hours to complete (updating content + trainz).

But besides that afterthought, I just want to play a good multiplayer session, but I have a feeling that I cannot fix this locally modified asset error... even with the help of the asset database extended repair, but I can't test it because the query takes forever, although when I tried to join upon a fresh installation + update, it was lightning fast at detecting a server.:(

I guess I would require some assistance with this predicament.

Right click on the route go down to view dependences then view in main list now scroll down if there anything that said modified delete it then reinstall it.

Do you have any DLC like Muchenson or SC? If so that is the problem. Something in one of them is different and changes a built in asset. Which is why it doesn't show up as locally modified.

To revert the asset you have reinstall and cancel the automatic download of DLC content.

On the other hand if you do not have any DLC content then dis-reguard the above.

You did not state the UMR Multiplayer session you are trying to run. Make sure it is UMR-2013-Summer-SP1-Multiplayer Session V3.0 <kuid2:394799:100002:4>

Right click on the route go down to view dependences then view in main list now scroll down if there anything that said modified delete it then reinstall it.
Yeah... I don't see the server anymore.
Do you have any DLC like Muchenson or SC? If so that is the problem. Something in one of them is different and changes a built in asset. Which is why it doesn't show up as locally modified.

To revert the asset you have reinstall and cancel the automatic download of DLC content.

On the other hand if you do not have any DLC content then dis-reguard the above.
I don't have any additional DLC.
You did not state the UMR Multiplayer session you are trying to run. Make sure it is UMR-2013-Summer-SP1-Multiplayer Session V3.0 <kuid2:394799:100002:4>
Yeah... I was planning to try the first reply, but I can't see the server anymore and so I can't really be certain of whether any of the suggestions work.

I haven't been able to connect when I could see the session all day yesterday. When I'd click on the box I'd get the pop-up "joining Session" and it would just sit there. Waited 10 min and nothing happen.

I was anyone able to join yesterday's session while it was up?

I'm getting it today while joining the official N3V server. It's very frustrating.

However, I wasn't able to look yesterday, it was querying the server list.

I tried that on CMP, it says there aren't any modified assets, and I can't do it on trainz itsself.

I have S&C content, but I do not have the entire pack installed (no serial number in options).
I am now using the UMR 2014 Summer Multiplayer Route V1.0 route, <kuid2:394799:100005:1>, Even with this newer version, It doesn't seem to work.

So far, all of the errors that trainz has picked up are created by itself and its features as well as various updates as I didn't modify them at all.

I am overwhelmed about the amount of time that it's taking just to play 1 single multipalyer session on trainz, it's taken more then a week already, I'd expect that I would have it up and running when all of the updates are done and the content has been downloaded.

I think your best bet is to delete the S&C content that is not built in. Then check the UMR 2014 for missing dependencies and re down load them.

I think your best bet is to delete the S&C content that is not built in. Then check the UMR 2014 for missing dependencies and re down load them.
All of the S&C content included is built-in (nothing local which can be deleted) and there is no missing content from the route and session.

There's also nothing that is open for edit and locally modified.

All of the S&C content included is built-in (nothing local which can be deleted) and there is no missing content from the route and session.

There's also nothing that is open for edit and locally modified.

OK. Here's the deal. There is an item in the S&C that is different than the same item as used in the UMR. Both are built-in. Both will not show "Locally" modified. But the S&C item is a replacement with a different kuid number, most likely an update. But since it is not the exact same it will not work in the UMR multiplayer. And since it is "built-in" the "new and improved" CMP will not allow the item to be deleted. You will need to install a second copy of Trains 12 to a different folder but cancel the S&C DLC when it attempts to download.

OK. Here's the deal. There is an item in the S&C that is different than the same item as used in the UMR. Both are built-in. Both will not show "Locally" modified. But the S&C item is a replacement with a different kuid number, most likely an update. But since it is not the exact same it will not work in the UMR multiplayer. And since it is "built-in" the "new and improved" CMP will not allow the item to be deleted. You will need to install a second copy of Trains 12 to a different folder but cancel the S&C DLC when it attempts to download.
Yeah.... I read about this in another thread.

Would it be... Sorta better off if the individual who created the route updated the KUID number so I and other people who are new wouldn't jump through hoops like this? It took more then a week to figure this much out.... Now I have to spend another 2 days trying to install + update everything, making sure that I don't update a few assets?

For one thing... It is to install trainz, another thing is to install another edition of trainz, I just simply do not have enough space to install + update + trouble shoot a problem like this.... I mean what? trainz already has something like 32.8 GB from trying to join 1 MP session, trying to join multiple servers, not just UMR.

I, unfortunately, do not have the resources or the time for that arrangement, as I stated above, having a working, operational multiplayer on trainz is already running more then a week late and doing another fresh install will add another 2 days onto that, and take up another 15GBs on my HDD, which is not possible at this time.

Please keep in mind that I was using a fresh trainz installation and thus, anyone else that's new and hoping for trainz multiplayer which would be unfamiliar with the S&C content bug will be put into the same position as me and asked to re-install trainz because of the DLC that downloads automatically without letting me know about it and without really any indication of what it would do with MP.

So, I guess instead of me re-installing trainz, I would suggest that the route would be updated to match the new updated assets, otherwise new users can have a hard time adjusting to the way trainz works.

I created the Mulltiplayer route and session using the built-in assets and what was available on the DL. I can not be reasonable for updates that are made when you purchase an add on. The updated content created by the purchase is not available to others who have not bought it. I suggest that if you are going to by add on's, you put them in a separate installation.

Last edited:
I created the Mulltiplayer route and session using the built-in assets and what was available on the DL. I can not be reasonable for updates that are made when you purchase an add on. The updated containt created by the purchase is not available to others who have not bought it.
I had a deeper look for the S&C, and apparently it is in the trainz list... But since I bought it in-store and there was no evidence of trainz downloading the S&C onto my computer... What would that mean?

If you don't want a second install, follow these steps:

1) Launch Trainz and enter the sim. Under Main Menu, click Options. Untick the box reading "Automatically download DLC content".
2) Exit Trainz completely and allow the database processes to close.
3) In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Trainz directory. Move the "Packages" folder somewhere else.
4) Go to the Builtin folder. Back up and remove any .JA files corresponding to other versions of Trainz (2009, 2010, Classics).
5) Open Content Manager and run an Extended Database Repair. Let this run overnight.
6) Check for damaged or locally-modified content and missing dependencies. Download anything you need to clear the errors.

If you don't want a second install, follow these steps:

1) Launch Trainz and enter the sim. Under Main Menu, click Options. Untick the box reading "Automatically download DLC content".
2) Exit Trainz completely and allow the database processes to close.
3) In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Trainz directory. Move the "Packages" folder somewhere else.
4) Go to the Builtin folder. Back up and remove any .JA files corresponding to other versions of Trainz (2009, 2010, Classics).
5) Open Content Manager and run an Extended Database Repair. Let this run overnight.
6) Check for damaged or locally-modified content and missing dependencies. Download anything you need to clear the errors.
Hmm, this seems promising, just one question, all of the .JA files are labeled with "ts12" All the way from a to h, how can I tell the difference between them?

Thanks for all of the help everyone, sorry about my attitude, it's just been taking far too long to actually get trainz 12 working.

Back