Are there any quick ways of tranfering content and info from trainz 2019 to trainz 2022?

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
I recently purchased Trainz 2022 and I was thinking of changing the save location folder to a copy I've been using for Trainz 2019. Mainly because I want to avoid having to redownload everything I had on that game, from custom routes to modified content, to content I downloaded via the dls or the web. But according to the account status in Trainz Settings tab, it says my account "did not have appropiate authorization access". But after switching the saves back to the default folder, that error went away, but it does mean my inital plan of using the trainz 2019 build folder to access my existing content on there definetly wont work.

Are there any other methods I dont know of where I can access my existing saves and stuff without any hassel?

Have you entered your username and password into MyTrainz?

The only options it gave me were to sign out (which I tried doing but it didnt work because it got stuck on validating), canceling (which also didnt work), and deleting my account (which I am definitely not going to press). So Im genuinly lost here :/

I found a similar thread asking the same question and apparently the method I tried was a valid method. So I dont know why I ran into that problem where the game thought my account wasnt authorized for some reason

Open TRS19 settings on the launch screen then MyTrainz. Make sure the details are correct.
Do a DBR to repair the database.
Copy the TRS19 build folder to a new location.
Open TRS22 settings Then MyTrainz. Make sure the details are correct, then the install tab.
Change the path to the copied folder and do another DBR.

Open TRS19 settings on the launch screen then MyTrainz. Make sure the details are correct.
Do a DBR to repair the database.
Copy the TRS19 build folder to a new location.
Open TRS22 settings Then MyTrainz. Make sure the details are correct, then the install tab.
Change the path to the copied folder and do another DBR.

So it took all of last night for my TRS19 build folder to be transferred and after I finally changed the build folder to that one, the game didnt immidiatly open. Steam would say the app was running but it wouldnt appear until I forcefully closed it and reopened it until it would finally show up. Tried doing the database repair but I got an error saying "Duplicate repair attempt aboarded", and when I checked the status of my MyTrainz account, it said "Your MyTrainz account lacks authorization for this product". So needless to say, Im completely stumped here. Why does it want to do the DBR and why is it saying my account is not authorized? And I dont know why it didnt open the first couple of times I tried to open the game after I changed the build folder

So it took all of last night for my TRS19 build folder to be transferred and after I finally changed the build folder to that one, the game didnt immidiatly open. Steam would say the app was running but it wouldnt appear until I forcefully closed it and reopened it until it would finally show up. Tried doing the database repair but I got an error saying "Duplicate repair attempt aboarded", and when I checked the status of my MyTrainz account, it said "Your MyTrainz account lacks authorization for this product". So needless to say, Im completely stumped here. Why does it want to do the DBR and why is it saying my account is not authorized? And I dont know why it didnt open the first couple of times I tried to open the game after I changed the build folder

Update: After I restarted Trainz 2022 again, it allowed me to do a database repair, but it still says my MyTrainz account isnt authorized. Even when I tried signing back in it said I couldnt. I dont even know what Im doing anymore.

Another Update: So out of curiosity, I reverted the build folder location back to the default one, then changed it back to my trs19 folder copy to see if it would work........AND IT WORKED 0_0

I dont know what else to say but thanks Stagecoach

Something got corrupted.

If you want to transfer stuff over:

Scrap any copied database and delete anything TRS22-related. Uninstall if you can but that doesn't work if you've updated, so plan on deleting them. You'll have to give permission to do so if you've installed them in the default location.

Once cleaned up, install a fresh copy of TRS22.
Go through the defaults and go along with it as if it's your only Trainz copy installed.
Install any DLC you may have along with any extras including the built-in routes from the Content Store.

Test to make sure everything is working.

If it all works fine, copy over the local and installed folders from TRS19 to TRS22 data.

Run a DBR when everything is done copying to import the folders you just copied.

Back