UMR 2013 PRR NEC Conversion Screenshot Thread

DJReonic

Insane EMT
Hey, guys!

I'm pretty sure most of you have seen some of the shots I posted in the USA Pics thread recently. Well, here is my screenshot thread for the project. As the title suggests, this is a conversion of Neilsmith749's UMR 2013 route into a fictional PRR Electrified route. My first iteration of the project involved re-laying track, and that was it. Then it progressed through several different versions until I decided on what I'm doing now.

One of the more interesting (and satisfying) things I did was to change all the trees and textures to use mcguirel's seasonal assets. If you look in the USA Pics thread, you will see what I'm talking about. Everything was changed around, and now eastern stuff looks right at home on the route.

I'm also adding in, where I can, random little branch lines for other railroads to enter the route. I may not be able to include them in any release, if that happens, as they may cause the file size to be too large.

Constructive criticism is welcome. Compliments, suggestions, and ideas are more welcome.

Just for fun, here's a picture of a bunch of F7s lined up in the new Eso Flats yard.

3fC1q.jpg

And here's what used to be the approach to the Eso Flats Yard. The first is the original route, the second is after I came through.

hDzUI.jpg

ZKiep.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap... Wow.

Will you be raising the speed limit on this line in anticipation of Acela Express service?

Already have. Speed limit is up to 150 on certain areas. Gotta figure out a few things as my Vectron and Eurosprinters run into deceleration issues when hauling freight, even when manually slamming on all the brakes. I'd love to have some older JR-Quality PRR/PC/CR electrics to run on it, though. (E44, GG1, etc.)

I'm currently redoing all the interlockings to make them more prototypical. My route has run into problems with the system I had. Each crossover segment had each track switching to any adjacent track. The middle tracks would have 3-way switches and the outer tracks would just have normal switches. The result was junctions with faulty switches and junctions missing switches. Now I will go with the PRR setup of gradual movement to the other side of the line, followed by a gradual shift back across.

Also, a word on the signals: currently I'm using JR's searchlight signals. I am waiting for the PRR signals from JR to be released. I would rather use JR's signals, instead of seniorchief's or grahamsea's, as they have the smartscript, which takes a lot of tedious work out of the equation. Grahamsea's signals are great, but I tried setting them all up on a different route, and my head almost exploded. I have decided that Me + big route + Grahamsea's signals = Mushroom Cloud.

Last edited:
If you're running into deceleration issues, might I suggest setting the outer track maximum speed limit to 80 mph and placing the passenger stations as islands on the inner tracks?

Also, which lines are you electrifying? I'd imagine the entire line from Smithtown Portal to the Millbury diverge would be electrified, but are you also placing catenary on the IW (via Gunnison) and Wallace/GHOO (Gladston/Halden/Ogden/Oakwood) portions?

cant wait till i get TRS12 so i can tare ti Route up with my MARC,Amtrak,Amfleets,and TCRX lol. Great job.

All trains except those powered by Vectrons or Eurosprinters have no acceleration or braking issues. It's only the two locos that are having braking issues.

I have electrified the mainline from Smithville Portals to the edge of the bridge at the Eccles Powerstation so far. I am also electrifying certain industries where an electric loco with a consist could just pass through, so I do not have to place a special siding for diesel switchers and consist loading. The entire mainline will be quad-tracked and electrified, up to the point where it is no longer practical. (Where too much work would need to be done to make it that way.) If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, then that is probably where I would stop the electrification, or just go nuts and come up with a massively complex setup that would take the AI a while to figure out.

So I've decided on how I think I'm going to set up the route. The part from Smithville to the big split will be all PRR Electrified. From there on will probably be PRR Non-electrified. The IW will be NYC. Don't know if I'll throw NH in or not.

Hey guys,

I know I haven't posted much lately, but here's a shot from my work on the new UMR 2013 that was released this month.
1fD5a.jpg

I still have my work saved on the older route, and I will probably get that one electrified up to the Terminus Station I placed in Millbury, but I'm going to make this one a more modern-ish version, with a combination of wood, dirty, and concrete tracks that better resemble rail lines today. I also have updated the signals to the CLights from JR. You will notice most of the signals will be dark. They aren't broken, they're just set to be approach-lit. I had to modify some of them to get the desired effect. Also the signal bridges are of a type that can easily be swapped out when JR releases their PRR equipment. The speedboards will be removed, and invisible speed signs will replace them, to better simulate the PRR style. The main reason for that is i may not electrify this version until more Electric locos become available, and I don't have any speed signs that would fit between the tracks and not cause potential issues. There will be some other details that I may or may not add in, so you'll just have to be looking. Right now this is still for personal use. When I finish it, a copy will go to the original author, and he can then decide if he wants to release it, or not.

Sounds good! Are you also replacing the mainline searchlights with NEC/PRR aspects? You know, the ones that are |=Proceed, \=Caution, --=Stop?

When JR releases them, absolutely. I did play with Grahamsea's signals again, modifying the config files to eliminate most of the options from the properties tab, and auto-naming them to make setting up interlockings easier, but trying to individually edit every single signal on a route that size eventually burned me out and I went to play other games for a while. So, I decided to just use the currently available JR signals until the PLs came out.

Last edited:
EnpLC.jpg

Conrail Grain Train coming out of Gladston in early Winter. In addition to the dark grey track from JR, I managed to do some GIMP-ing and made some concrete track with the dark grey ballast. It isn't perfect, but it'll work for now.

@drchoi, I do have one question about those. Do they match up with the PRR catenary made by Gfisher? I use that catenary as it allows double-stack trains to run under it. I know it doesn't match very well with most electrics available, but it allows me to electrify most of the route and not lose functionality.

Second test run. Made it to the port at Gladston.

a1DK3.jpg

5buCD.jpg

hPGUW.jpg

7Z1xG.jpg

jjktT.jpg

P3fyw.jpg

shlx7.jpg

zmNzo.jpg

GXO9j.jpg

If anyone can give me some pointers on getting rid of that little white line on the edge of my concrete track, that would be awesome.

Back