Two Upcoming South Florida Routes

Just a reminder:

FEC train 101 (south) is in Jupiter, and will be near you within about two hours.

Two business cars are on the back end.

Nicole and the other FECRS lucky golden ticket winners are aboard and waving to rail-fans from the rear platform.

Richard

Just a reminder:

FEC train 101 (south) is in Jupiter, and will be near you within about two hours.

Two business cars are on the back end.

Nicole and the other FECRS lucky golden ticket winners are aboard and waving to rail-fans from the rear platform.

Richard

I was following up the train on the FECRailway Group. Unfortunately I can't go. :'( :'( :'(

Congrats to Nicole and the winners!

They have an early start back home tomorrow on Train 202 leaving Bowden at 7:00am.

Lots of waving rail-fans along the FEC mainline today. Unfortunately one non-fan bystander had a rock and broke a window near the south end of the line.

I was following up the train on the FECRailway Group. Unfortunately I can't go. :'( :'( :'(

Congrats to Nicole and the winners!

They have an early start back home tomorrow on Train 202 leaving Bowden at 7:00am.

Lots of waving rail-fans along the FEC mainline today. Unfortunately one non-fan bystander had a rock and broke a window near the south end of the line.

I hope that everyone was okay after the incident, and I wish them a safe trip back to Bowden! I will hopefully catch a session with two representing coaches! :)

In addition, I am having trouble modeling Atlantic Avenue in Delray. The area seems to be difficult to model in Trainz. I tried Suburban Shops but it doesn't do justice. Any suggestions?

I will hopefully reach Boynton this week. I'm sorry for not keeping up that much and for the delays. School has gotten in the way.

Why didn't I do this in the first place?

I think that we are LOOOOOOOOONG overdue for an update. Sorry but school has gotten in the way and I can only do little in Trainz. I have crept along to Gulfstream Road. That crossing will be shown in the second picture that I have for you all. So, I have opted to elevate the track manually due to noticing that on the FEC. Their track comes much higher and it is hard to get that. Sure you have Martynas's mainline track but I reason to question if that will even cooperate with the grade crossings... So I added 1m to the topology around the track.

2951262121_c6390c3dd1_o.jpg

2952113080_c257f75d5b_o.jpg

I can't run any trains on this route until I upgrade a decent portion. Sorry.

However, I can catch up next week to Boynton.

Fictional Session...

FEC Train 240 made an unexpected presence on the radio. So I hopped on and went out to dog him.

Today I have made my first session with SD40-2's 715 and 716. Here he is at:

Hialeah

fec242hialeah.jpg

NW 7th Avenue

Hollywood

Oakland Park

Pompano

Boca Raton (notice anything unusual in the first picture?)

fec242bocaraton.jpg

fec242yamato.jpg
Were did you get the stop lights from?

This is the dawning of the Age of Azalea, Sort Of...

Here's a preliminary taste of my latest FEC session, in which I'll share tomorrow. This is a representation of the Azalea;

2956562627_57b7589d04_o.jpg

101, the Kind-of Age of Azalea

This is the only update with large shots.

It is about time for an update, though this one is rather dark. I had a great birthday yesterday, but I guess it's time to get back in business.

This was the first session to be run on elevated track, which is fitting in many ways.

Henceforth progress is overdue. I expect completion by Dec-Jan at the earliest.

Our 1st @ Delray:

fec101delray.jpg

Villa Rica

fec101vr.jpg

Pompano

fec101pompano.jpg

Lauderdale (New River), finally can see the brackets...

fec101lauderdale.jpg

Hollywood

fec101hollywood.jpg

101azalea.jpg

North Miami (near sight of a vandal rock thrower breaking a glass, the guy is NOT a rock thrower, but a jolly railfan :p )

fec101azaleanmb.jpg

Hialeah

fec101azaleahialeah.jpg

Enjoy. I may get 202 up soon. Maybe we'll get a better exposure and better conditions.

Last edited:
Finally!

Boynton Beach has been designed, but up to SW 12th...

Hypoluxo awaits. I can get that throughout the week. Lately I've been doing science fair.

I apologize for the large shot, but this one is better untouched.

boyntonsouth.jpg

So, what is that I spot in the distance? :p

distance.jpg

Looks great! I like the depth you have going...reminds me of being a kid and looking down the tracks...

Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

NICE!

You could be very realistic if you put in a shopping center backing up to and across the tracks from the water tower, plus the water treatment plant next to the water tower.

Good screen shot looking south from Woolbright Road!

That water tower tells you right where you are.

Richard

Boynton Beach has been designed, but up to SW 12th...

Hypoluxo awaits. I can get that throughout the week. Lately I've been doing science fair.

I apologize for the large shot, but this one is better untouched.

boyntonsouth.jpg

So, what is that I spot in the distance? :p

distance.jpg

NICE!

You could be very realistic if you put in a shopping center backing up to and across the tracks from the water tower, plus the water treatment plant next to the water tower.

Good screen shot looking south from Woolbright Road!

That water tower tells you right where you are.

Richard

Well actually the treatment plant is there, you can see the fence right behind the tower. I did do a mini shopping plaza across the tracks and even threw spare "junk" (trailer parts) to add to realism. :)

I'll take an aerial screenshot from the route...

Note: Look carefully and you can see the ballast! :)

This is great Brick. Very impressive and defenitly can't wait to get my hands on it. It looks very good and am higley anticipating it!;)

Happy railroading and good luck with the route!

Ryan

Back