Two Upcoming South Florida Routes

Shots at 800x600

Currently I am working on two routes located in South Florida. One route will follow CSX from Homestead to Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Another will follow FEC from Miami to Fort Pierce, FL and is subject to merge with other routes. Anyway, here are pics from the routes.

"So it is 8 am today and I am out to catch some trains in South Florida. First catch, about 2 1/2 miles from my house, is a local CSX switcher, possibly bound to Florida Rock. Today he is traveling light. First shot is at 87th avenue and the second shot is at 12th street.

csxlsl.jpg

csxtrainlehighspurlocal.jpg

Then we head up to North Miami Beach and get FEC 208 Northbound to Jax.

ifec_208_nmb.jpg

I go on a lunch break, but a Florida Summer thunderstorm comes, as does 222 through Hollywood.

feclocos222.jpg

fec222_2_intermodal.jpg

After that, I call it a day."

Last edited:
Interesting! I railfanned the CSX/ Tri-Rail from West Palm Beach to Winter Haven, FL and FEC around West Palm Beach last May. Are you going to include any of the West Palm Beach area?

Interesting! I railfanned the CSX/ Tri-Rail from West Palm Beach to Winter Haven, FL and FEC around West Palm Beach last May. Are you going to include any of the West Palm Beach area?

Of course! CSX's northern end, for this route, will be around PGA Blvd. in Palm Beach Gardens and I will put FEC's portal north of Fort Pierce Yard. :)

I eventually plan to do CSX throughout central Florida with the Bone Valley as well as other areas.

Nice route and keeping work focus on your route but please no hurry please have taking your time be positive, Brickbuilder711!!!!:):wave:

Thanks for your compliments! The FEC route is my main focus right now and is set, depending on school, to come out later this year in the Fall. CSX will follow hopefully in December. Once TS09 comes out, I may make more routes focusing on CSX through the Sunshine State and FEC either in this game or 09.

In October I will be calling for beta testing of some of the FEC route, which is about halfway done.

I am happy to take my time, and see that rushing a route may not produce good quality. In example, I find an object by surprise due to thinking that I did not have it, like the truss arms, that are going to most of South Florida's roads. Before I used 22ft lights or 6m streetlights and even "Rail Yard Floodlights" to serve as streetlights.

Soon I will show pictures from Surveyor of the route.

Looking good so far :)
Ill try and get my FEC GP40-2's released so you wont have to run those ancient ones.
Btw: Have you tried my FEC Key West Extension? Mabye it will give you some inspiration for the route :)

Looking good so far :)
Ill try and get my FEC GP40-2's released so you wont have to run those ancient ones.
Btw: Have you tried my FEC Key West Extension? Mabye it will give you some inspiration for the route :)

I did! I however am missing the track for that route. I do plan to merge the FEC route with yours and FECRailway_Richard's routes soon!

This is beautiful. Keep it up! After being 3 years playing Trainz, I havent really been able to do a route right(in my perspective, others will tell you different), but this is great. Don't let anyone discourage you!

Isaac

Today we are out to follow Train 202 to Fort Lauderdale on his way to Bowden. We are at Hialeah and catch 202 at Okeechobee Road's new depression.

trs202mr.jpg

We then catch 202 at Iris, where FEC crosses CSX. I need to work on the industries between 37th and 32nd Avenues.

trs202iris.jpg

Up I-95, we then reach Hollywood with perfect timing to set up and catch this hotshot.

trs202_gatedrop.jpg

fec202.jpg

fec202rock.jpg

fec202int.jpg

fec202autos.jpg

After that, we head to our final spot, New River and Downtown Fort Lauderdale, on time for us to see the bridge descend for 202.

newriver.jpg

newriver2.jpg

trs202nr.jpg

That's all for today.

Last edited:
where did u get that street sign?

On Content Manager Plus, filter the 'All' tab by the name of the asset in alphabetical order, and look for Traf Light 22 Green Sign. There is a red light version of this traffic light and also Traf Light 20 is with an additional 3-bulb light. Traf Light 01 is like the lights in Texas and older lights in Miami.

Back