Two Upcoming South Florida Routes

INCOMING!

Here are a few progress pics of the Boca area, especially after listening to Richard's suggestion.

There are no trains now, but I may just post a business car special with Amtrak southbound later today. :cool:

Boca Station - a Railfan Staple... (still coachless)

boca2.jpg

Villa Rica

villa_rica.jpg

Cemex

cemex.jpg

Am sorry Water tower is not good... :( Any way? I can create now...

Are you kidding? It's great! You should be proud of this creation.

I couldn't have done what you did. Thank you very much!

I have already positioned it on my route, and BrickBuilder711 will soon be reaching Boynton Beach on his route, and doing the same.

Since it is so big, unique, and destinctive I plan to use it in other locations on my route which is set a decade in the future.

It's great to build upon upon success. Some can be painted in different colors; and pehaps named for the location.

You did a great job on the water tower. Others will enjoy it in many versions.

I am taking more pictures today of CSX tracks today just in case you would like to use them on your exciting US Track Project.

Are you kidding? It's great! You should be proud of this creation.

I couldn't have done what you did. Thank you very much!

I have already positioned it on my route, and BrickBuilder711 will soon be reaching Boynton Beach on his route, and doing the same.

Since it is so big, unique, and destinctive I plan to use it in other locations on my route which is set a decade in the future.

It's great to build upon upon success. Some can be painted in different colors; and pehaps named for the location.

You did a great job on the water tower. Others will enjoy it in many versions.

I am taking more pictures today of CSX tracks today just in case you would like to use them on your exciting US Track Project.

I would agree with Richard. Thanks for taking the extra step and making the water tower. I reason to drool at the screenshots I am going to take when I run intermodal bigshots through Boynton Beach!

222 Oct 4, 2008

Today I am following train 222 from Miami to Jax. Today we have some different shots to a point that I will not cover Hollywood on this journey.

West 12 Av

222hialeah.jpg

I-95

fec222i95.jpg

North Miami

fec222dd.jpg

I-595

fec222i595.jpg

Downtown Lauderdale

fec222downtownlauderdale.jpg

Pompano

fec222pompdd.jpg

Boca - Yamato Road

fec222yamatord.jpg

Villa Rica

fec222vr.jpg

I am still looking forward to screens from Richard as I have covered many new and awesome angles!

FEC News!

Joram24 released FEC SD40-2's! They are AWESOME!

Upon looking at RRPictureArchives.net, I just realized that the nose is snoot!

I will hopefully soon have a session with 715 and 716!

Last edited:
Extra!

Fictional Session...

FEC Train 240 made an unexpected presence on the radio. So I hopped on and went out to dog him.

Today I have made my first session with SD40-2's 715 and 716. Here he is at:

Hialeah

fec242hialeah.jpg

NW 7th Avenue

fec242elportal.jpg

Hollywood

242hollywood.jpg

Oakland Park

fec242oaklandpk.jpg

Pompano

fec242pompdd.jpg

Boca Raton (notice anything unusual in the first picture?)

fec242bocaraton.jpg

fec242yamato.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job!
Are the new FEC locos on the DLS?

I wish you could have joined us on the tours.

We know how lucky we are at the FECRS.

How many rail-fans groups have the President of their favorite railroad give a presentation at their covention banquet?

How many rail-fans groups are allowed to tour all railroad facilities by the bus-load and are given cab rides?

07_12.jpg

How many rail-fans groups are invited to climb aboard NASA and Air Force railroad equipment, and given the grand tour of the FEC's customers.

04_9.jpg

There is only one thing better than operating FEC locomotives in Trainz; and that is running them in real life.

11_9A.jpg

Nice job!
Are the new FEC locos on the DLS?

I wish you could have joined us on the tours.

We know how lucky we are at the FECRS.

How many rail-fans groups have the President of their favorite railroad give a presentation at their covention banquet?

How many rail-fans groups are allowed to tour all railroad facilities by the bus-load and are given cab rides?

How many rail-fans groups are invited to climb aboard NASA and Air Force railroad equipment, and given the grand tour of the FEC's customers.

There is only one thing better than operating FEC locomotives in Trainz; and that is running them in real life.

We are very lucky as fans of the FEC.

By the way, the locomotives are by Joram24 of RRMods.com. The thread in the Freeware Anouncements section, titled RRMods New Releases has the link to the download page. The download is free and no registration required. I have just realized that the 710s are snoots! :sleep:

Well it looks like we need help from someone good at reskinning.

Here is the lastest picture of the new series of FEC SD70M-2s that will be soon be riding the rails near you.

FEC107.jpg

brickbuilder, where did you get the FEC SD70ACe (SD70M(-2)?)

For a short time last year it was available as freeware but now the only place you can get a different version at VMD for $7 and soon Trainzstation on behalf of Sporbust...

@FECRailway_Richard: It is true how we need a talented reskinner. By the way I am going to get to Boynton Beach and eventually Hypoluxo on my route!

I have another question: What is the best way to show the two lines as if tracks were there? Lots of those hard to name lines appear all over single tracked FEC.

Last edited:
Unless you have both the talent and time to reskin a locomotive, it is better left in the hands of a professional.

Below is Sporbust's FEC SD70M-2 that I cloned and then reskinned the nose to RailAmerica colors.

Maybe I could do the whole thing, but it would take a long time; and I'm not sure that I would get the quality result as the original.

It is worth $7 to me to work on my FEC route instead. Besides, it's proper to get permission to reskin someone else' work.

With the various FEC routes being built, a lot of folks will be looking for these four new units. SporBust should take a shot at it.

I can get him all of the pictures that he might need.

FEC-RA.jpg

I think that the reskin is pretty good thus far!

I am currently at Delray Beach. Maybe Sunday I'll get to North End Hypoluxo Siding. It is pretty hard to find 3 aspect searchlight signals for wayside use. NS37's works have done the trick but the one thing I don't have from NS37 is the 3-headed Searchlight.

Yes, Exactly!

I hope that we can either find one, or someone can create one.

I face the same problem.

Maybe Sunday I'll get to North End Hypoluxo Siding. It is pretty hard to find 3 aspect searchlight signals for wayside use. NS37's works have done the trick but the one thing I don't have from NS37 is the 3-headed Searchlight.

Back