TS12 will not open

skipper1945

UKBL team
If I open the TR12 launch page I can select and open Content ok ,BUT if I select Start it doesn`t open and all I get on the desktop is---

ts12screenie.jpg

I`ve reinstalled TR12 but get the same result.

Any thoughts on this problem would be much appreciated.

George

Looks like one of them "I can't find the error message I'm supposed to display" errors.

Things to try, first if you have Vista or Win7 DO NOT install the blasted thing in the default program files (X86) folder, change the path so it goes in the root of C so you don't have to declare war on the UAC every time you want to change something.

12241252.jpg

Check that, make sure it hasn't set something weird, also check regular display settings - if your desktop display is set to 1024x768 16 bit and Trainz is set to run 1280x1024 32 bit windowed it would justifiably have a tantrum about that.

All else fails, browse to the \Wherever You Got It\TS12\bin folder, run TrainzDiag.exe and see what that shows in the way of errors.

This came up a couple of days ago, I believe as Sniper says the resolution was wrong and Windowed display was selected under display settings. Why is anyone's guess.

Looks like one of them "I can't find the error message I'm supposed to display" errors.

Things to try, first if you have Vista or Win7 DO NOT install the blasted thing in the default program files (X86) folder, change the path so it goes in the root of C so you don't have to declare war on the UAC every time you want to change something.

12241252.jpg

Check that, make sure it hasn't set something weird, also check regular display settings - if your desktop display is set to 1024x768 16 bit and Trainz is set to run 1280x1024 32 bit windowed it would justifiably have a tantrum about that.

All else fails, browse to the \Wherever You Got It\TS12\bin folder, run TrainzDiag.exe and see what that shows in the way of errors.

Many thanks for the reply,it was the resolution.Strange I got the same effect prior to reinstalling , but I did have a hangup whilst in surveryor,followed by the Blue Page of death,maybe that somehow changed the resolution.

I am running on Win7 64 bit,thanks for the install tip.

George

-----
Thanks for your reply Malc.

Yeah, I get it occasionally too, TADDaemon coughs up a wad of fire and brimstone and scares Trainz into changing stuff at random or something. Why the same after reinstall isn't a big mystery, some part of the old install was left behind and the new install used what it assumed were the users "preferred" settings.

I'm beginning to think TadDaemon is a sentient being, possibly from the same gene pool as a gremlin.

Back