The Motherload of Model Railroad Building, Planning, detailing and operating reference Information

Kalmbach publishing had a free access week. I saw it in my email. After that, you have to subscribe and pay to access the documents.
Thanks John, that clears it up, I probably didn't get the email as I was signed up but canceled.

I hope that puts your mind at ease and gives you something else to wonder about...
Please note that my post specifically mentioned and was directed at anyone trying to access files via a "back door" method that was not due them. Pure and simple. It had nothing to do with anyone who is above board and legal and that includes those who accept free offers, trials, gifts, etc, etc, etc. The post means exactly what it says. No more, no less.

Please note that my post specifically mentioned and was directed at anyone trying to access files via a "back door" method that was not due them. Pure and simple. It had nothing to do with anyone who is above board and legal and that includes those who accept free offers, trials, gifts, etc, etc, etc. The post means exactly what it says. No more, no less.
And as John pointed out it was all above board and legal.
But lets put it to rest.

Cheers
Chris

I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. I was a subscriber to MR for 45 years and very much enjoyed relaxing on the couch with the latest issue slowly consuming it from cover to cover. But when the price for a subscription broke $50 a year, I began to wonder if it was worth it.

Firecrown media looks to be focused on the real world transportation system rather than model trains. I wonder how that will effect the staff of MR.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. I was a subscriber to MR for 45 years and very much enjoyed relaxing on the couch with the latest issue slowly consuming it from cover to cover. But when the price for a subscription broke $50 a year, I began to wonder if it was worth it.

Firecrown media looks to be focused on the real world transportation system rather than model trains. I wonder how that will effect the staff of MR.
Yes that is what many of the forums are concerned about.
Apparently Firecrown wanted to acquire Trains Magazine to merge with the trade magazines, but as the Modeling mag's had already been merged into Trains.com they were part of the bundle and are surplus to requirement.
It is the staff that I really feel for as there are apparently over 250 of them so I doubt they will all continue to have jobs even if Firecrown do continue to Publish MR for a while.

Back