Trainz ?

dzien50

Hi All
I've obviously missed something over the past 6 months or so, but when exactly and why did Trainz become Planez ?

Cheers
PU

And Tramz, truckz, carz, boatz etc.

Because they all are part of the real World that some like to try and recreate.

Craig
:):):)

True but this has now gone way over the top, there are more planes than locos being added, these should be extras not main items

PJ

Content is as content does, or something. The DLS is just waiting for your contribution.;)

If you don't like Plainz ... Either: (a) Move out into the country side or Antarctica (b) Don't look up, (c) Wear shooting range earmuffs & horse blinders with cheap super dark sunglasses (and grow a beard like ZZ Top), or (d) Don't download any Plainz.

Plainz are the best thing to hit Trainz ... asside from Ararial's-SaturnIV Rocket ! :cool:

At any given time there are at least 5 airplanes visible in the real world sky !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=WKCl3lfAx1Q
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVHZzjRzgC4&feature=related

[/URL]
Planez & Trainz can co-exist, side by side ... just so long as they are not on the same plane !

Last edited:
Actually I have no complaint with aircraft on the DLS. What does exasperate me sometimes is when someone posts a new set of 100 road signs or speedboards, say, from 5kpm to 200kpm in 5kpm increments and I have to sift through an endless number of pages on the DLS to see what else is new. But then I remind myself that the DLS does not belong to me and that other Trainzers who may need or desire those items will be making every bit as much a valid use of the DLS as I will downloading something else. It's for everyone to share.

Bernie

Actually I have no complaint with aircraft on the DLS. What does exasperate me sometimes is when someone posts a new set of 100 road signs or speedboards, say, from 5kpm to 200kpm in 5kpm increments and I have to sift through an endless number of pages on the DLS to see what else is new. But then I remind myself that the DLS does not belong to me and that other Trainzers who may need or desire those items will be making every bit as much a valid use of the DLS as I will downloading something else. It's for everyone to share.

Bernie

Bernie,

I agree. The same with catenery bits too with the usual weird names that mean nothing to me or anyone else. What does a "DAxm 630T" mean, exactly as it supposed to be some catenery hanger bit. I made this up, but you know what I'm saying, I hope. I spend a lot of time filtering out these because I don't want them. It's too bad that in all the years, that we've had this sim, that the DLS couldn't have sub-folders and clickable groups even within CM2. This would help finding and sortings stuff and keep like objects in their packages instead of splaying them out all over the place.

Anyway, I agree why should I complain. These assets are shared by the kind creators, and they did put in a lot of work into them. Now if the system handled this better, well that would be a different matter.

Yes, JCitron, but we should cut the catenary modelers a little slack. By insisting on modeling the wire they increase the difficulty for themselves by the square of the track and the wire, and they are apparently USING that stuff to create more realistic wire. That deserves a good deal of admiration. Hats off to you overhead wire modelers.

Your idea of subfolders is a good one. I also note the increasing rarity of packs, or maybe that is my imagination. But it may be one of those things that is foreclosed by an innocent programming decision made most of a decade ago when no one really thought the DLS would be a big hit.

Who knows. I'm thankful for what we have, as you are.

Bernie

Back