Trainz simulator 12 compatability

rjc0235

so im currently running trainz 2009, which has an aful lot of addon content, and i do mean an awful lot.

i was thinking about updating to trainz 12 but wanted to know if i would be able to transfer my stuff from 2009 to 12, or would i have to track down 12 versions and still use 2009 for my old routs and stuff?

TS12 should work with TS2009 and earlier content provided it is not faulty (i.e. requires compatibility mode) as TS12 has no compatibility mode.

Shane

EDIT: Same applies to TS2010 content.

Last edited:
TS12 dose not have compatibility mode so there are going to be some losses but if you want better Sim,s then you have to pay the price.
but most of the good stuff is ether fix, getting fixed, or replaced with something better. plus lots of new stuff to play with.
as for finding up grades... If it's on the DLS, they'll find you, when you boot up the game, you will find numbed amount of updates waiting for you to down load, as for independent Kuids... If you cannot fix it yourself, you will have to search for an upgrade, if there is one.

I might add too that fixing content is not that difficult either. Many of the errors are typographical errors in the config files, or missing textures.

There will be those that are missing attachment points, or animation scripts problems. The latter of which are impossible to fix, and that is up to the original author to fix.

For the most part, I am running a mix of content with some stuff dating back to my early downloads into TRS2004 right through current stuff. The older stuff will work quite nicely (some with some fixing up), but good number of scenery items are fine such as buildings.

John

Back