Longtime user, been absent for a while...

Hello all: I started with the old Trainz in 2001. I have purchased many versions over the years and mostly enjoyed the experience. At least it forced me to purchase newer and newer computers to keep up. 😂 I have Tane, TRS2019 and TRS2022 installed at the present time. When trying to run newer version TRS19 & TRS22 I see a totally different interface experience than the older versions. The newer versions look like I'm tied to N3V to be able to run Trainz and they are dictating what I can do.. (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) This is similar to a train simulator I tried from Steam several years ago. They set goals and you have to achieve those goals and drive where they want you to. No more freewheeling driving or AI driving ? No more creating your own route? or merging routes ?

What the heck is going on ? Do I need to stay away from these newer versions? Possibly revert to an older version to have total control. ?

You can remove those little gold coins, I mean driver goalposts, or whatever they're called from the session if you want and drive. With the new UDS, or Universal Driver, Surveyor, if you are using TRS22 Platinum Edition and up, you can do this on the fly making this even better.

When you create your own sessions, you don't even need them. I still create and run my sessions the same way I did since TRS2004.

@Hot_Box_Detector > Get your trainz games registered on this forum, so we can help you better.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to do that. A search turned up nothing on that subject. In the past, all my purchased versions appeared automatically in the forums. I think Trainz may have gone to a dark complicated place in the 3 years that I have been gone. :confused: or, I may be dumber than I thought 😂

Last edited:
Hello all: I started with the old Trainz in 2001. I have purchased many versions over the years and mostly enjoyed the experience.
Hello, @Hot_Box_Detector! Welcome back! That`s very much like me, to start with, but my path has diverged from yours in a few places. I started in 2006 with Trainz2004, dropped out for a while, bought and ran the Trainz 2009/2010 twin-pack CD (something about Driver Edition and World Builder Edition, I think), dropped out again for a while, and bought Trainz22PE last Christmas. I`m having more difficulties with 22PE than with any of the older versions, but 22PE can do so much that they could never even dream of.

How did you buy your 22/22PE? On the Trainz Store website? That`s how I bought mine, and the download links magically appeared on one of my private profile pages at the store. All I had to do was enter the existing user-name and password at the store before, my payment data after, download, and enter my existing user-name and password into the game when installing it. Is this even close to what you`re going through with your 22(PE)?

Trainz is still the same as it used to be...... You can make your own maps/sessions.. and drive like you used too.

The interface has change a lot.....I have change most of the hot keys when map building.....

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to do that. A search turned up nothing on that subject. In the past, all my purchased versions appeared automatically in the forums. I think Trainz may have gone to a dark complicated place in the 3 years that I have been gone. :confused: or, I may be dumber than I thought 😂
Put it in your signature. The new forum software no longer adds the Trainz versions automatically. Click on your username and then click on Signature on the right. Put in your different Trainz versions you own.

Back