The new UP C40-8 Phase II Loco almost ready

SPORBUST

GMAX Creator/Skinner
to roll out of the shop. Still detailing it and adding shadows etc but heres a sneak peak at er. I redid alot on this loco. I also made the hubs rotate on the trucks witch looks pretty neat.

Update: There is 2 different styles of c40-8 and i will be doing both types. I only plan on doing UP but i will do UP in a couple of diff schemes. The straight redline on rear body and also the Lightning bolt style. One will have white on gray grabs on top of nose and other will be just gray. Also since i took this shot i toned the plow shinedown some.

Few updates from my Original c40-8 witch was my very first creation
-Arn numbering and new Corona Lighting
-Brand new from scratch trucks.
-Body Shadowing where it should be like under Bezel and front deck pop out.
-Added shadow effect under loco like the Aces
-New rear Body has see thru rear grills now
-I redid all the door panels, Latches, Body Lines and Hinges
-Moved smoke stack and fixed horns because there was no horn base it was floating before
-Tweaked the nose a little
-Made new plow
-Updated all the coupler bars mu's and ditch lights
-Made nose texture higher res for cripser logos
-New engine sound
-New horn and Bell (ByEddie) Awsome job on this

I only plan to paint this in UP colors. Others can paint them if they would like but i want to get the SD70M finished and also a wide cab version of this done soon. Wide cab will be easy to do. Will have that done ina couple days Probably.

Click here for larger pic
http://home.comcast.net/~frmccall/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html--graphic.html

Shot at 2007-07-23

Last edited:
I wish it has working ditchlights.Is it compatible with TRS2006?

I has prototype front dropped Ditch lights that work. And yes it is for 06. I do not have 04 installed any more on my system. I quit testing for 04 quite a long time ago.

Beautiful work Frank, these have always been a bit of a favourite of mine. Did you end up using the GE enginesounds on the DLS? They'd be just about spot on for this loco.

Cheers
Tony

Beautiful work Frank, these have always been a bit of a favourite of mine. Did you end up using the GE enginesounds on the DLS? They'd be just about spot on for this loco.

Cheers
Tony

Yes i did and they sound teriffic. I need to ask the guy if i can use them

Last edited:

Cheers
Tony

Actually they are the ones i am using. Can i use them for this? If its ok with you i will. They sound very nice.

Back