The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Railfanning Terrace Bay,ON

ld2R5s.jpg

5OvZSY.jpg

T6zLYu.jpg

Since when did we start sending in photos of the real thing? Oh, hang on, It's the work of one of those amazing Kiwis. Nice, as always, my friend!

Cheers .... Rick

Thanks, Nikita! I think my scenery is better than my first attempt on the route. How do I know? It has become a lot easier finding a spot to take screenshots! Before, I had to search for hours before I could find anything I dared to show anyone! I have a feeling I will be busy on it for at least a year. Sometimes I just can't wait to get back at it, other times I wonder why the heck am I doing this! I guess I'm addicted to Trainz!

Cheers, thanks again, my friend .... Rick

Is this route featuring Terrace Bay a W.I.P or is it available somewhere?

Still a WIP bud.Its a rework of Gisa's "CPR Schreiber - Heavy Winter Route"
the original route can be found at RRmods.com in the routes section.I've just replaced a few objects to make it TRS2012 compatible,I'm about 3/4's done I'll post some more screens here as the route progresses.

@ Rick,thanks bud!!
luv'n that last screenshot sweet composition with allot going on,nice work man!!Is that a CC&D cracked open there,I'm getting heart-burn just looking at it;).

the original route can be found at RRmods.com in the routes section.I've just replaced a few objects to make it TRS2012 compatible,I'm about 3/4's done I'll post some more screens here as the route progresses.

@ Rick,thanks bud!!
luv'n that last screenshot sweet composition with allot going on,nice work man!!Is that a CC&D cracked open there,I'm getting heart-burn just looking at it;).

KingstonFlyer is just being humble: he's done a ton of great stuff to the route from what I can see! Totally took it in the way I wanted it to go, but couldn't get to. I can't wait to try it out when it's ready.

Did want to ask though, did you put in a new yard at Terrace Bay? :D Was it there from before, did they build it now, or are you just making it more fun? :D Either way, I think it looks great and matches the area perfectly.

Rick: loved the boxcar/beer shot. Looks like one heck of a way to travel. Probably not easy to do these days, but something I'd like to do before I die.

Keep up the great shots all!

@Rickf77. Great screenshot from within the boxcar. I think it is the first one I have seen like this. Would it be okay if I copy the image to add to my collection of trainz screenies?

I love the work of Michael and Pete. I get to see what other areas of Canada looked like in days gone by, and, they both are doing fantastic jobs. I was kind of shocked when I saw how well Kingstonflyer's screenshots really captured the feel of the area he's working in. Besides that, his shots are always a joy to see. Very realistic!

Giza; Yeah, those days may be gone! One of my brothers used to travel this way (1970's). I know he's made it from Nova Scotia to Ontario, maybe even farther. He never had much money. He didn't like the idea of paying when there was a free option! I'm sure it's much harder travelling like this now. I haven't seen a boxcar in years!

Hi there Shaz; Sure! You never have to ask. I'm happy that you like it. Congrats on winning the screenshot contest .... again! You darn Kiwis are very good at this!

I hate to see The Canadian Thread not on the first two pages. When I see this about to happen, I send in a comment or screenshot. So ... send in your shots! If YOU don't, I will! I'd much rather see your shots than mine. Seeing what others have done always makes me want to try to make my route look better.

Cheers, thanks .... Rick

"Oh, I'm a lumberjack ...". Well, I know nothing about it! I hope somewhere, sometime, this may have been going on around here! It shouldn't matter too much, this scene is a fair distance from the tracks. Oh, the things I'm willing to waste my time on!
rickf77_20140829_0000.jpg~original

Cheers ... Rick

:hehe:pure madness Rick,I love it,time well spent there mate.I like how you placed the tires around the boat and the bunched up logs,looks tricky enough but you've pulled it off perfect.
Sweet surveyor skills man!!!

Hi Guys,
I've been following this thread for a while & I must say I'm impressed with the detail with many of the screen shots. I've never posted here before because I haven't really much to contribute until now.
My thing is Vulcan driveable aircraft re-skins. Some of you may be familiar with Vulcan's work. I've been pushing him for quite a while to build a whole bunch of aircraft that are seen in Canada & the US. I thought I'd post a couple of screen shots from my Vancouver route that I use to test & generate screen shots. I thought some recent seaplane re-skins were appropriate for a Canadian thread particularly with the growing number of routes around Vancouver & into the mountains & lakes of B.C. where these aircraft operate.

DHC-3Tx302_zpsc52211d3.jpg

YVRSeaPlanes05_zpsc1ea1cb0.jpg

There are a number of DHC-3T Turbo Otter & DHC-6 Twin Otter re-skins available along with a DHC-2 Beaver and even fire fighting water bombers like the CL145. You will find them on DLS under my user id or Vulcan's. They have some nice animated features such as wing flaps, moving propellers & passenger doors. They also have water splash effects with the appropriate aircraft action triggers.

SEQ30609Powerup_zps4ede0622.jpg

I hope not too many are offended with the lack of trains but they are a common sight near the extensive Vancouver water front rail yards amongst other places. Hopefully someone can add these to their routes & post some nice detailed routes with Trains & Aircraft.
Without trying to bounce threads, more info about the many aircraft available is on the "New Aircraft" thread or Vulcan's website (http://ianztrainz.com/).

Enjoy.

Rob

Last edited:
Oh, man, I would love to be able to create things! Wouldn't it be great to make or re-skin anything you wanted!? Some things I just can't learn. I tried to learn how to use paint shop. Every attempt ended up with me having smoke coming out my ears and me heading out the door and cooling off with mother nature! I'm not evening considering trying to learn how to make anything. I'm pretty sure that would lead to my computer or myself being hurled out the window! That lobster boat is fairly close to what our fishermen use, mostly 40 ft. Cape Island boats. Thanks to Deanne (hope that's spelled right) and his derelict tires! Always recycle! I love all his creations!

Well, it's just about time to flash up my Trainz computer and get to work ... thank you, cheers .... Rick

Whoops, just saw the above, very nice Rob!

Last edited:

Cool. Thanks for the info.

R4P; Bonjour mon ami! Thanks for the bilingual "bucks"! I will be using them in the area I'm working on now. It's half English half French down that way. I don't mean the people, I mean the way they speak! Thanks again Pete. Hope all is going well for you.

Just in case you Canadian rail fans have not noticed, I put one of rgcx's "old timers" in the shot. He's done quite a few of them, lots of Canadian ones.

Cheers .... Rick

Jeez, what kind of Canadian am I? Thanks rgcx, all those old timers are really great!

rickf77_20140902_0000.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back