The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Thanks Guys! I'm back in the groove! Since things are going well, I may just go to the end of the line with the track and make any needed adjustments. When I can't take any more I will do some detail work on several lakes I have passed. There's always something different to do!

Cheers, thanks again .... Rick

Well, that's enough track fiddling for today ... playing around with a lake.

Cheers All .... Rick
rickf77_20140811_0000.jpg~original

Good morning gentlemen

Rick that caboose is ganna ge stolen DAR wants it :hehe:lol

old man hrs are killing me how do you guys do it....... I've desited to try out trainsDEM and started mapping the former DAT line right up into the Dartmouth Sub ( Yard )

A Picture made on the fantastic and excellent Canadian Pacific MBC 2010 544 Route from Cayden.

3633653633613065.jpg

@Rick, your Pictures are very, very nice. I like it:).

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Oh, Epo, you silver tongued devil! Thanks my friend! I don't know how you do it, but you seem to always find great spots to take photos! Really great as always!

Big D; It helps a lot if you are retired! Today, I got up at 3AM. Messed about the route until 8AM. I may get a nap in, but you can be sure I'll pass out around 8PM! What I'm doing now is using my original TransDEM map. Something told me to save the map just after I started working on it. I wish I had saved it BEFORE I trimmed off several baseboards. That's what caused my problem with the track a couple of days ago. I think the area you are going to be working on will show most of the route. I only ran into a bit of trouble because the trail only showed up on one map. I learned that a person has to be very careful when removing baseboards! I have honestly forgotten how to use TransDem! I was going to start from scratch but just ended up scratching my head!

Cheers guys .... Rick

All right ladies and gents, the next item up for bids is the Dragon farm. It's been in their family for 150 years. 40 acres of prime..er good...well, land. The bidding will start at $2500. Nothing? All right then will someone give me $2000? $1500? $1000 ladies and gents? Aw, forget it then! What's that D? Will some one take this farm if we give you $50! $100? ....

Morning All; Getting bored of the same old thing! Playing with the scenery a bit.

rickf77_20140816_0000.jpg~original

Cheers .... Rick

lol rick your a ham thats too funny. how much for the rock in the lake 200$ good? How about a reefer full of 100g beer kegs

Last edited:
Will you give me $225? Hee, hee, you know D, there was a time when land like that went for $1 an acre! Of course every possible thing of value was gone. Well, you might be able to use the barn for firewood! I suppose that cost next to nothing in the good old days!

Cheers .... Rick

Morning Folks; Not much going on in here! Well, here's some "hard times in the Maritimes" for ya. It wasn't so hard for some folks!

Young fella ... Hey Pa, are you sure that grass ain't greener?

owner of summer house ... Blast it, Jeeves! When are you going to have the Bentley ready?

George ... You know SIR, you do have 5 other cars.

Pa ... Well me son, ask Jeeves, I mean George, when he's finished working for the day.

Cheers, hope you're all doing fine .... Rick

rickf77_20140821_0001.jpg~original

Hi all,
It's been a bit - been busy.
Rick: When did Halifax-Dartmouth move south? Has there been that much continental drift? OMG

I know you didn't ask, but I've got track done from Midway to Trail. 160 Km. I had no idea that the CPR had a LARGE yard in Trail. It's 1.6 Km. long, not including the track to Cominco. The population of Greater Trail is 9,276 (2011). I'll be quiet now :eek:

trail3_zps5e6c378d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A couple of box cars...
trail1_zps6916c1d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

More? OK
Just nearing the North end of the yard.
trail2_zps0d218912.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Crossing the bridge:
trail5_zpse78e440b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I do all the track first, then roads.

Thanks for listening.
Cheers,
--Michael.

Last edited:
Dang it! Must have forgot to hit the Post Quick Reply button ... again. Oh, I DID ask my friend, "Not much going on in here!". I was hoping that would bring in some shots of your work. It worked! You have been VERY busy! Keep us posted. Being from the east, I find this area very interesting. Boy, that's going to be something else when it's done! It already looks great!

Cheers Michael .... Rick ... Oh yeah, in my last shot ... that's supposed to represent some of our rich cousins from the south living the good life up here in God's country!

note to self ... hit the "send button" idiot!

Mike, is that a CPR 2-8-2 reskin i see there?

Why, yes it is. It's the first I did, 18 months ago. Since then, the creator of these great steam locos, Ben Neal, has relaxed his license.

I've got relatives coming next week, so no Trainz for me for a week. I'll do the other three versions: all black, grey-black and a CN version. I'll do/finish the 4-6-2 as well.

Cheers,
--Michael.

Cheers Michael .... Rick ... Oh yeah, in my last shot ... that's supposed to represent some of our rich cousins from the south living the good life up here in God's country!

I think the " rich cousins from the south living the good life up here in God's country!" are not ex-military. Had they been, there would be a Canadian flag and a Nova Scotia flag next to the American flag. This shows respect for the adopted country and honours the home country. If she/he had been a real stickler for protocol, the Canadian flag would be ever so slightly higher than the others.

(I was up wwwwaaaayyyyy too late last night.) :eek: :sleep:

cheers,
--Michael.

Just having a last look in ...... oh, oh, my gimme pig sense is tingling! By the look of things, you deserve a break!

Cheers .... Rick

Well, there you are again. I'm just having a little fun with our neighbours. I don't know what kind of southerners own summer homes out your way, but I can tell you, no southerner around here worth his salt would allow any flag to be higher than their own! Hey, they don't come up to their third or fourth vacation home until all the leaves are out and leave as soon as the night time temps drop below 20c, so we don't mind looking at their flag for a month or so. Dang it Michael, didn't you find anything funny about that shot!? The kid scratching his butt, wondering about this, "Grass is always greener ... "? Mr. Moneybags doesn't even know the local help's name? Poor old Bluenoser fixing his third flat tire on the way home to his "castle"? George wondering what a Bentley is (thought he already fixed that one)? The rest of us would have tied a Canadian flag to the top of a tree or something, if we could have afforded one. Flag pole? Them things cost a small fortune! Well, I give up! I guess you had to live here in the 50's to understand. If anyone was poorer than us, it must have been them Newfoundlanders!

Cheers ... be careful you don't crack a smile or something .... Rick (hee, hee)

Last edited:
Why, yes it is. It's the first I did, 18 months ago. Since then, the creator of these great steam locos, Ben Neal, has relaxed his license.

I've got relatives coming next week, so no Trainz for me for a week. I'll do the other three versions: all black, grey-black and a CN version. I'll do/finish the 4-6-2 as well.

Cheers,
--Michael.
Cool, Trainz needs more Canadian steam.

Back