Survey - Should I post "Trainz Rig" building tutorials?

NeonTheGriffon

#FurryPride
G'day everyone!
I've noticed a lot of people have been posting questions relating to hardware, and what they should use to build machines to run trainz at the best performance on a budget. Since I'm always scoping out configs for my upcoming Hackint0sh Mac Pro build, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me posting quarterly (out of a year) guides on building machines? (Updated quarterly to be in the loop with new hardware/possibly good deals on old hardware)
With the upcoming T:ANE being worked on, surely we're all going to need new machines to handle it, right?
Or would this be a silly idea?

Last edited:
Yes it's a good idea, but if people will take notice is another ball game. Then you'll get folk saying this and that don't work, if you want to be pilloried feel free.
Ideally low and middle end hardware, the top end stuff doesn't need much brain ie biggest and best will do.

Yes it's a good idea, but if people will take notice is another ball game. Then you'll get folk saying this and that don't work, if you want to be pilloried feel free.
Ideally low and middle end hardware, the top end stuff doesn't need much brain ie biggest and best will do.
I have no issue helping folks on here with their builds and telling them if what they'd like would and would not work. I also plan on linking a video for each link of me going through assembling my machine so that others who are new to the game can do so themselves without it overwhelming them.
My machine doesn't have top of the line hardware - I felt it would be silly putting top of the line stuff in a machine that would likely only be used for Photoshop, web browsing, Trainz, small 3D Modeling, and Team Fortress 2.
Perhaps if I were rendering a movie on it, I'd use top of the line hardware.

This is a great idea.

Just remember to post it in the Parts and Labour forum area and not in the General Trainz forum.

I too size the hardware for what I am doing, although I did go on the higher side this time as I figured I can get a few mores years out of the hardware than I have in the past. I'm now retired and don't have the extra fun-stuff spending money I once had so I have to pick my budget carefully. I used to do this kind of thing for companies I once worked for and based on the needs of the end-user. We had a select budget and machine model for the general use and then another more fun budget for the engineering department.

John

Since a few have taken a liking to this idea, what would be the best way to post them? On the board? Or should I link to my site and answer questions on the forum?

Since a few have taken a liking to this idea, what would be the best way to post them? On the board? Or should I link to my site and answer questions on the forum?

That could work. You might want to contact Shane Turner. He has a nice tech site setup for Trainz support with a sticky no less. He may want to host the link to your site as well as a resource.

John

That could work. You might want to contact Shane Turner. He has a nice tech site setup for Trainz support with a sticky no less. He may want to host the link to your site as well as a resource.

John

Cool beans! Thanks, I'll contact him after I get a few things situated.

Back