Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Need MOAR Challengers...
1b42c01d76da21f0fac611df0b8ba4ff.jpeg

So far I have:

UP 3985, UP 3967 (Smoke Deflectors), UP 3977 (Greyhound Yellow), UP 3980 (Greyhound Silver)
Clinchfield 650, Clinchfield 676 (3985 Disguise)
D&RGW 3805 (Post Modifications) D&RGW 3800 (As Delivered)
WP 400, WP 402 (White Stripe)

Any requests? I've run out of ideas.

Last edited:
Need MOAR Challengers...

So far I have:

UP 3985, UP 3967 (Smoke Deflectors), UP 3977 (Greyhound Yellow), UP 3980 (Greyhound Silver)
Clinchfield 650, Clinchfield 676 (3985 Disguise)
D&RGW 3805 (Post Modifications) D&RGW 3800 (As Delivered)
WP 400, WP 402 (White Stripe)

Any requests? I've run out of ideas.

Western Maryland and the Delaware & Hudson both had challengers

I agree with that idea. I think we should let K&L trainz do the WM challenger. By the way daylighttrain are you going to release these challengers on your website? Just wondering and take your time.

I agree with that idea. I think we should let K&L trainz do the WM challenger. By the way daylighttrain are you going to release these challengers on your website? Just wondering and take your time.

I share yer enthusiasm too, but we're NOT gimme pigs, we're only wondering if those are the project or something. And I think K&L trainz is currently busy for a while.

A 17 car Exposition Flyer tackles Colorado's Front Range at Big Ten's 2% grade

D&RG 4-8-4s #5444 and #5302 lean into the grade with a pair of head end reefers, a RPO/Baggage, and standard Baggege cars

This all heavy weight, all sleeper consist leads off with three 16 section tourist class cars followed by the first diner

Next comes an eclectic mix of 12-1, 12-1-1, 10-1-1, 10-1-2 sleepers and the second diner

At the end are two 14 bedroom cars, a smoking car and the lounge observation car.

372 passengers, 959T not including engines, 1378T total :D

Last edited:
There is too many summer shots here, we need some winter stuff in my opinion...

8311e0646f48bb4cabbb07c096eef2f8.jpg

Yep, that just happened. NOTE: The Cab-forward is a re-skin I have done of Lilb's Cab forward. I do NOT have permission to distribute this loco but I intend to ask Lilb asap.

Are there any good routes on the dls that are based in NY or PA? I remember one that was a PRR prototype but think it was for Trainz 2006. Can't seem to remember the name.

You may not know it, but in these pictures you will see history being made on the ole L&A.

339f89fa148f8e9b1739daab51c55717.jpg

It started in the summer of 1920 when conductor C.M Duff a.k.a Duffy was looking over his orders for the days run of local 731 when he noticed something different. Seems late yesterday a refurbished dinning car was dropped off in the Paris yard from the Levi shops and the dispatcher thought he would let it hitch a ride on 731 up to Cincinnati. The diner would be dropped off to be coupled to its new consist. Much to Duffy's surprise it was fully stocked and crewed and he thought "at least I'll be able to get some fresh coffee."

7e3e8a8c277a79268efd8844a8dd8cce.jpg

The run started as usual, but many of Duffy's regular riders were asking about the new diner on the back of the train? Duffy explained that 731 would drop it in Cincy at the end of the run. Some of the passengers asked to see the new diner and Duffy saw no harm. After seeing the new car a few joked and asked if they could get something to eat and drink? The porters told Duffy they had plenty of fresh hot coffee and Duffy thought why not as 731 could make a little extra for this run. After a few minutes later a porter asked if they could serve short orders and Duffy asked the chef and he agreed. News spread through the train and soon the diner was packed with morning riders. Turned out the diner was busy all the way to Maysville KY. where Duffy telegraphed ahead to warn that the diner in his care will need to be restocked once it arrived in Cincinnati. Once the diner arrived they were out of coffee, ham, sausage, bacon, eggs, and bread.

a66bbf600cb10e80a7eb2e6cdcf0e46f.jpg

Duffy made a report and sent it to the head office along with the extra money 731 make on its run and he forgot all about it. A few weeks later he was called in and asked what happened and he explained he saw no harm "shaking down" the new diner and besides he made some extra revenue for his run. The brass was impressed and later added older diners to a few local runs that lasted more than 2 hours. The diners weren't as fancy as the one on Duffy's train, but more like a rolling coffee shop/grill. Turned out to be a big hit and the L&A bought every scrap diner they could find and rebuild them. Every passenger train that had a run longer than 2 hours would have one of these short order diners on them and this both made passengers happy and more revenue for the line.

So this is how the L&A came to placing dinners on many of their local passenger trains.

Dave

Denver & Southern Railroad

Rainy-Day.jpg
Denver-%26-Southern-6500.jpg

Steam on the Centennial Sub of the Denver and Southern Railroad and D&S 6500 with the Evergreen Express from Denver.

Back