China D38 Schnabel Car Red steam dlc for Trainz 22 issue.

SirGreg

I bought this dlc before some hours, i was surprised to see that it is shown as purchased in content store but it does not let me download it. First time i see this issue so far with steam dlc from Tane era. Logic says when you buy it, in content store it shows install so to install it but this shows just purchased. Im thinking to return the dlc back if this is possible and buy another one. I would like to see another opinion if someone has faced this problem before i return it back.

Mine shows uninstall because I had purchased mine directly from N3V. Steam may be different.

I don't think you can return any DLC unless it's a recent purchase. If you have any concerns, contact the helpdesk but remember they're still on holiday until after January 8th.

Well i am downloading 4 steam dlcs that i have uninstalled and they dont show any icon, if it will not show up i bought it before 6 hours so i think i will have the right to return it.

Well i am downloading 4 steam dlcs that i have uninstalled and they dont show any icon, if it will not show up i bought it before 6 hours so i think i will have the right to return it.
Yeah, that's Steam's policy I think. I returned something once from Steam but that was ages ago and not Trainz-related. It may take time to sync between the Content Store and Steam. I'm not sure though since I don't use Steam for Trainz.

Yeah, that's Steam's policy I think. I returned something once from Steam but that was ages ago and not Trainz-related. It may take time to sync between the Content Store and Steam. I'm not sure though since I don't use Steam for Trainz.
And i dont want to return it and there might be a conflict between Content store and steam, time will show i never returned a dlc before, only 2 games in 10 years time period.

I found the status of the dlc in content manager through content store and it is shown as (not installed, payware, not active). Also says version mismatch. I think i have trouble here.

Run a database repair.

Exit from the Content Store.
If you have Trainz open, close that.
At the Launcher or in Content Manager,
Click on Developer on the menu bar.
Click Rebuild database.

This can take a few minutes or longer, depending upon how much stuff you have installed.

Check again. This may or may not fix the problem, but sometimes it does.

Run a database repair.

Click Rebuild database.

This can take a few minutes or longer, depending upon how much stuff you have installed.

I will give a try to this and i will report back soon.

Run a database repair.

Click Rebuild database.

It is clearly a matter of support from now on, i have sent them an email 2 days now the data base repair did not work because it is not shown either in content manager nor in game list as faulty, missing deps or something like this. In content store it is shown in purchased list as purchased but i dont have the install option for this dlc. Thank you however for the advice.

Have you checked in Content Manager? They have a consist and individual wagons. They may be installed, that's why I asked.

N3V is on holiday until 8 January. There's no one to manage the helpdesk until on or after that date.

Have you checked in Content Manager? They have a consist and individual wagons. They may be installed, that's why I asked.

N3V is on holiday until 8 January. There's no one to manage the helpdesk until on or after that date.
In content manager if i go to download station and type the China D38 Schnabel car red it shows nothing, in content store with right click on the item in purchased list it opens a new window, at the bottom of the window it says list featured assets, there it opens a tab which looks like the content manager, if i try to download it from there it says ( Unable to download <kuid 276266100006>) as error message.

In Content Manager, you need to look under Installed and not on Download Station. You can set up a filter to show DLC-only, etc. to help with content sorting and searching. It's a bit more complex, and a lot to type here. I recommend looking up Content Manager on the Wiki, besides that explanation is a lot better than I can do here.

In Content Manager, you need to look under Installed and not on Download Station. You can set up a filter to show DLC-only, etc. to help with content sorting and searching. It's a bit more complex, and a lot to type here. I recommend looking up Content Manager on the Wiki, besides that explanation is a lot better than I can do here.
Of course at the installed i always check for a new dlc, the content store purchased page leads me to separate window which looks like my content manager but for sure its not mine there i tried to download the item and not in my content download page, if i type there the dlc it shows of course nothing.

Trust me is by far the most stubborn dlc i have seen so far, Rostov- Uzel 2018 was tricky enough, but with efforts and help now is flawless but this seems like is ready to come and for some reason is hidden like waiting an instruction from NV3. Im trying to produce some humor but it seems like this.

Of course at the installed i always check for a new dlc, the content store purchased page leads me to separate window which looks like my content manager but for sure its not mine there i tried to download the item and not in my content download page, if i type there the dlc it shows of course nothing.
It's a bit confusing.
Content Store is for DLC only and nothing else.
The Content Manager is for everything including the kitchen sink, meaning the DLS, installed, and only viewing DLC.

In Content Manager, I highly recommend setting up all the columns. It really helps with sorting and finding whose who and what's what.
Right-click on the columns and a list comes up with others to add. Add each one, one at a time unfortunately, until all of the columns are added. They'll all go to the far right but you can rearrange and resize them however you wish.

I have mine in this order:
Type --- Status --- Name --- Asset ID --- File Size --- Build Version --- Author Username --- Installation Date --- Modification Date --- Upload Date.

After you've installed your Content via the Content Store, you can manage it in Content Manager, thus the name. Here you can view assets with missing dependencies, faulty content, and even look for new assets on the DLS.

With that said, search here for your Schnabel car - there's a search box in the upper right corner.

Does it show installed?

What's the status?

Trust me is by far the most stubborn dlc i have seen so far, Rostov- Uzel 2018 was tricky enough, but with efforts and help now is flawless but this seems like is ready to come and for some reason is hidden like waiting an instruction from NV3. Im trying to produce some humor but it seems like this.
LGM have invaded. ;-) They always do that on holiday weekends.

LGM have invaded. ;-) They always do that on holiday weekends.
It's a bit confusing.
Content Store is for DLC only and nothing else.
The Content Manager is for everything including the kitchen sink, meaning the DLS, installed, and only viewing DLC.

In Content Manager, I highly recommend setting up all the columns. It really helps with sorting and finding whose who and what's what.
Right-click on the columns and a list comes up with others to add. Add each one, one at a time unfortunately, until all of the columns are added. They'll all go to the far right but you can rearrange and resize them however you wish.

I have mine in this order:
Type --- Status --- Name --- Asset ID --- File Size --- Build Version --- Author Username --- Installation Date --- Modification Date --- Upload Date.

After you've installed your Content via the Content Store, you can manage it in Content Manager, thus the name. Here you can view assets with missing dependencies, faulty content, and even look for new assets on the DLS.

With that said, search here for your Schnabel car - there's a search box in the upper right corner.

Does it show installed?

What's the status?
Ok in all content search it appears as (not installed ,payware, not active) because i have never installed it through content store. It does not allow me to install it in content store because instead of install at the purchased list this just saying purchased and this is it. It validates the fact that i have purchased it but it doesnt let me download it.

Back