Route rot... Something weird happened to my big route...

UPDATE: I managed to delete all the 'wrong' baseboards. It was a good hour of constantly deleting. Got rid of around 180 baseboards. Now I have a clean standalone Electro Island v 2.0. ready for re-merge with a hopefully 'clean' Landbridge map. Thanks for the help. I also backup the standalone versions now of both routes.

As a bonus the maps will be more optimized because I also got rid of a lot of unused tiles.

That's great news.

I'm glad you made just in case extra backups now. Hopefully you won't have to resort to them.

John

Not that I want to start a disagreement , But for my own experiences with 2004 and 06. yea I had this problem too with vary large routes and DEMs too. To the point I lost several years of work and learned a valuable lesson as to backup everything, always, and often. To say it only happen to newer version in my opinion is misleading, and I'm always interested in how other have resolved there issues and to what problems others are having regardless the version being played . My two cent. I was glad to read how you fixed your issues . And how this might in pack my own route when I try to import not only to a new PC, but to new Trains sim. :)

Not that I want to start a disagreement , But for my own experiences with 2004 and 06. yea I had this problem too with vary large routes and DEMs too. To the point I lost several years of work and learned a valuable lesson as to backup everything, always, and often. To say it only happen to newer version in my opinion is misleading, and I'm always interested in how other have resolved there issues and to what problems others are having regardless the version being played . My two cent. I was glad to read how you fixed your issues . And how this might in pack my own route when I try to import not only to a new PC, but to new Trains sim. :)

:eek: Several years. That sounds like a real pain. Yes from now on its::)

rule 1: backup
rule 2: backup
rule 3: return to rule 1 and repeat.

Thats also the reason I release my routes in steps (versions) on the download station but in this case the corruption happened before version 2 was ready. So I'm now thinking of releasing earlier and then building from then on a 3.0. version of the route. Better make small updates than doing very large parts.

A good read, so missing track, assets that were deleted weeks ago and re-appear, those pieces of track that stretch across baseboards like rubber bands and missing bridge parts that I have to repeatedly repair are 'normal'. :(
I am not alone!
Rog

Back