Reading & Northern RR screens (Hi-Res/widescreen)

Roon, when time comes, i will beta if you'll let me, and if its ok with you, re-fit the crossings with BNSF50s.
Cheers!

Ok, sure! And i'll take any good TRS2004 crossings that are out there.

Meanwhile....

The LC&N Greenwood coal breaker is "done"! (well i'll almost definitely add or change things before its really done)

1048.jpg

1049.jpg

1051.jpg

1052.jpg

Behind the breaker.

1050.jpg

The spur to the breaker with the train on top, with the Greenwood running track and the beginning of what is left of the LN&E's old Arlington yard on the bottom. The tracks coming from the breaker navigate a twisting 2.5% grade before connecting with Arlington yard.

Should have Arlington yard finished in a few days.

~Roon

P.S. What is this? ---> :wave: the new "nose picking" smiley??

Good old northeast Pennsylvania anthracite coal railroading :cool:.

A train pushing empties up the grade to the mine, passing the man-made mountains of coal slag (which have been there long enough now that they are starting to grow forests on them and slowly disappear back into the landscape).

1053.jpg

1054.jpg

1055.jpg

~Roon

Great Stuff

Josh, your use of vegetation has really improved greatly, and you've mastered capturing that track side feel! I look forward to more excellent work!

A few pictures of the Tamaqua Station and the surrounding grounds. This station was just restored a few years ago from an absolutely deplorable condition. It now houses a few shops and a really nice restaurant and a few other things.

The station for Trainz is still being worked on, with many of the fine details still to be added by AngelC (oh, and she has to do 2 other nearby RR structures as well :)), but this should give you a good feel for the area.

1062.jpg

The park and parking lot on the other side of the tracks from the station were also built when the station was renovated. They actually tore out a gas station to build the park! (tear out a gas station to build a park in the US?!?!? :eek: AMAZING! :p) Also, an ex-Pennsylvania Power & Light bottle-steam engine sits on the siding there on display (and 2 cabooses on the station side...still gotta fix that area up).

1063.jpg

1064.jpg

1065.jpg

Thats all for now...back to working on it.

~Roon

Last edited:
Continuing to add things and just having some fun....

(and i left the shots in full resolution this time, so they're 1440x900. Click them for full size.)

AngelC's Tamaqua Station before the really crazy details are added. These include lamps (and a night-mode with lighting), tables, chairs, and flower-"barrels". Roof color has been toned down a little as well.

"Got Trees?" :p Experimenting with foliage to make good looking forests. Still working on this area (and no trackside details such as grass are in yet), which is the expansive and quite secluded site of the old Atlas Munitions factory.

Coming into Tamaqua.

Now back to work...
~Roon

Molino, PA.

1497.jpg

The north-bound daily "Mountain Job" rounds the curves in the valleys of the Appalachian Mtns just before hitting the sleepy village of Molino.

1498.jpg

1500.jpg

Finally breaking out of the deep valleys and forests for some farmland just outside Molino.

1503.jpg

About to hit the only crossing.

1504.jpg

Heading back out of "town".

And finally...
...for some reason i like this picture. Maybe its the obvious flaw :p.
1505.jpg

Thats all for now. Perhaps i'll have a video ready to go soon ;).

~Roon

Great stuff there Roon! Cool to hear music from "Genesis" on a Trainz video! :D The route has alot of interesting areas and stuff to do. It kinda reminds me of the CSX Saginaw Sub north of Holly here in MI :D . -Chris

Last edited:
Outstanding!

This looks phenomenal. I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully it will work in TRS06 or I can somehow enable it to! :confused:

Just a couple shots of the short Tamaqua Tunnel about a mile north of town.

1101.jpg

Looking west (railroad north). The train is just about to enter the other side of the tunnel.

1102.jpg

Exiting the tunnel and crossing the Little Schuylkill River, which it follows for perhaps 20 miles and crosses numerous times.

Back when this section was double-tracked, the track in the tunnel formed what was actually called a "Frog Guantlet". Instead of being a normal single track through the tunnel, it looked something like this:

1103.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed them.
~Roon

Wow that beaufitul!

Also, do there have interchange connceting with Norfolk Southern, CSX, UP and other local railroads?

Back