Reading & Northern RR screens (Hi-Res/widescreen)

Rooneth3808

Hi guys,

Here is the first set of screenshots of our new upcoming route, the Reading & Northern, featuring the section of mainline from Port Clinton to Tamaqua.

The following are all taken at the railroads headquarters just south of the village of Port Clinton.

rn1fkm4.jpg

Looking north towards the village of Port Clinton. The tracks curving off to the left are the Pottsville branch.

rn1iqy9.jpg

Coal train heading south through Port Clinton. Eventually the train will arrive in Norfolk Southern's Spring St. Yard in Reading (featured on my NS Reading Line route).

rn1gua3.jpg

Looking south towards the railroads main office and shops. The hikers are on their way to get back on the Appalachian Trail just a few hundred feet further south.

rn1hdi1.jpg

rn1epc7.jpg

rn1dej7.jpg

Back of the main office. Small car shop in the distance.

rn1cxl6.jpg

Looking north again. The sanding tower is just a placeholder object until our custom one is completed. Also, you can make out two hikers on the Appalachian Trail (and old PRR right-of-way at this point) just above the 5206.

rn1bjq3.jpg

Looking north, behind both the loco and car shops.

Hope you like them. I'll post more when more areas or updates are ready.

~Roon

HOLY!!! wow! i love this!
it is very very very nice to the infinitive power!!!!!!!
question! what track are you using!? it looks so real!!!!!!
Thanks! look excelente!!!

The tracks are "Track Grey Wood": KUID 83501:38011, "Koleje 1b_drevo": KUID 145747:11005, and "MP-Track concrete rusty": KUID 46162:38016.

Not sure if they are on the DLS, but they probably are. I use them in almost all my routes now.

The red passenger cars are relatively new. Search "TOTC" on the DLS :).

~Roon

WOW, those shots look amazing. The detail you route creators are achieving is amazing.
I can't wait for this one.

thanks! i use MP track alot and it is included with TRS2006 i believe. the other ones....downloading now.
WHOA!!!!!! theres like a bizilion cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! still DL!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
rnkernspu3.jpg

Train heading south just about to exit the Port Clinton yard limits at Kern.
The bridge in the background is part of the abandoned ex-PRR Schuylkill Branch.

These are the kinds of layouts that make me wet my pants! Imaginative use of trees, shrubs and weeds. That's what makes a RR realistic. You guys that have the patience and talent to do it are true artists. Amazing stuff!

Keep us up to date on this one!!

Latest batch.​
This is the small town of New Ringgold. The pictures feature our new custom high-tension power line spline, DMDrake's cityscape splines, and of course the recently re-released UST RDG GP35's (this is original Reading Railroad track after all :)).
1019.jpg

This track here is also some of the oldest in the country, with the line known originally as the "Little Schuylkill Navigation, Railroad, & Coal Company". Construction was started in July, 1830 and was finished in the fall of 1831 :eek:.

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1022.jpg
Thats all for now...
~Roon
P.S. Thanks go out to Flamerail for helping set up the nifty screenshot hosting script. No more slow Imageshack screens! :cool:

Last edited:

*click for full size pic*
Empty coal train headed north throught the South Tamaqua coal pockets.
Dark hill to the left is one of the many coal slag hills in this area that are slowly being reclaimed by nature.

Might have some town of Tamaqua shots soon, otherwise the route is being shipped off to Kevin or Grogstop for work by them.

glad to see someone (besides me) do some of the reading. It isnt really as prevelent in any sims even though it was such a big asset to NYC and PRR

Shots around the town of Tamaqua!

1031.jpg

Train holding at the crossing of Route 209 on the Reading & Northern's Greenwood running track.

1032.jpg

A couple hundred feet down the track. The abandoned tower represents the point where a small spur split off original Lehigh & New England line to join up with the Reading Company tracks in Tamaqua. This connecting spur and a couple miles of track into Arlington are the only remaining active L&NE tracks today (with the exception of small stretches of track in the Lehigh Valley area). The ties next to the tower represent the abandoned mainline.

Also, to the right of the fence are the remains of an old coal unloading spur.

1034.jpg

Coming around the sharp curve, about to cross over Route 309.

1035.jpg

Completing the curve and hitting the junction with the R&N mainline in Tamaqua

1036.jpg

Looking back down the track at the Route 309 crossing. Restricted/10 mph speed limit on this Accepted track. Gotta love it. :cool:

looking great there!:D love abandoned stuff, yours is very nicely done. might want to use some better crossings like Bnsf50's though

Thanks Nikos! :) And i would, but i'm still building with TRS2004 (Of course that might change when "Classics" comes out).

~Roon

Some truly awesome screenshots, quite breathtaking.

One thing that caught my eye after having spent the past 2 months in TC surveyor is just how bad the old built-in cars look.:(

I like the way you have used the cityscape spline, I initially thought it was more for backgrounds, but you've proved me wrong. :) I reckon its the guy with the mower that brings that scene alive... :D

Last edited:
Some truly awesome screenshots, quite breathtaking.

One thing that caught my eye after having spent the past 2 months in TC surveyor is just how bad the old built-in cars look.:(

I like the way you have used the cityscape spline, I initially thought it was more for backgrounds, but you've proved me wrong. :) I reckon its the guy with the mower that brings that scene alive... :D

Thanks Alan! I can't say i disagree with you on the old built-in cars ;).

The city splines started out as just an experiment. I was elated when DMDrake released them. After having done countless small towns in layouts already, one of the things i sorta dread is placing 10 to a hundred houses, and all the details around them. I placed the city splines and have been pleased with their look so far...besides, i figure in the town of New Ringgold (where the guy with the mower is) since the only reason the train might stop is for some grub ;)....so, i can keep the details mostly right along the track.

~Roon

*BTW, what are those cars in your screenshot? New cars in Trainz Classics?? :)

looking great there!:D love abandoned stuff, yours is very nicely done. might want to use some better crossings like Bnsf50's though
i agree. i am sure he can whip up several Custom ones if you need them, like the area where the road surrounds the track in the town of 'new ringgold', where the lights are facing all the nessesscary directions.
Cheers,
Sean

EDIT:
Roon, when time comes, i will beta if you'll let me, and if its ok with you, re-fit the crossings with BNSF50s.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Back